Breitbart News Launches 'Breitbart London' & 'Breitbart Texas' Verticals
Breitbart News launched two new verticals on Sunday—"Breitbart London" and "Breitbart Texas"—that are the first steps in a multi-year expansion effort that will bridge the gap between global and regional news at a time when the rise of anti-establishment forces in politics and new media are threatening the old political and media order.
James Delingpole, formerly of the Daily Telegraph, and Raheem Kassam, from TrendingCentral.com, will lead Breitbart London, which will have a staff of 10 with 100 contributors already lined up to grow the site. Breitbart's Brandon Darby will lead Breitbart Texas with a team of contributors that will cover immigration, crony capitalism, education, business, and the the impact the Tea Party is having in Texas politics.
“We look at London and Texas as two fronts in our current cultural and political war,” Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon said. “There is a growing global anti-establishment revolt against the permanent political class at home, and the global elites that influence them, which impacts everyone from Lubbock to London."
Bannon said that Breitbart News is "determined to be the platform that reports on this movement every day in every region.”
Breitbart News President and CEO Larry Solov emphasized that the "anti-establishment approach of Breitbart News and its knack for reporting the truth that others don’t want to tell has captured a growing audience unconstrained by geographic borders."
"Andrew Breitbart’s vision, even when it was just the two of us working out of a basement, was for Breitbart News to offer a voice to freedom-loving people everywhere and to tailor their news experience both locally and globally," Solov said. "Our expansion is being driven by a growing appetite for our unique attitude and content. We intend to base our coverage of Israel and the war in Middle East from London, and to focus our coverage of the attempt to turn Texas blue from ground zero.”
Raheem Kassam, the Managing Editor of Breitbart London, said he was "thrilled to be on the ground floor of the Breitbart London team."
"The reality is today’s media establishment and conservative movement in the UK has become obsolescent and fundamentally uninspiring," Breitbart London's Kassam said. "With the Breitbart UK expansion, and a real thirst for making, breaking and shaking up the news, I’m positive we can inject the kind of vigor and buzz that the late Andrew Breitbart himself exuded.”
The Breitbart Texas vertical promises to "deliver hard-hitting, independent-minded news and information that serves the character of the Lone Star State, carrying on the Texas tradition of standing its ground for liberty, freedom, and the rule of law."
Breitbart Texas’ Brandon Darby said that “Breitbart Texas exists to arm Texans and other Americans with the information they need to stand up against the institutional Left, their media, government corruption, and cronyism between business and big government."
"We will bring a voice to grassroots Texans and encourage them to stand taller, carrying on Andrew’s mission of defending average Americans who stand up for liberty," Breitbart Texas' Darby said.
Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow said that as Breitbart News "expands into regional/global coverage, there are few better places to start than Texas and London."
“Andrew Breitbart taught us how to ‘punch back’ and that’s exactly what we plan to do to the institutional left’s well-funded and organized effort to ‘turn Texas blue,'" Marlow said. "And London, simply put, is a window into and cautionary tale about the possible future of America as we trend toward a secular social-Democratic society.”
Bannon added that Breitbart's "expansion is a recognition that technology has removed the barriers that limit the reach of the news that shapes our day-to-day lives and the media establishment that once monopolized it.”
With clear eyes and full hearts, Breitbart News has compiled teams in the heart of Texas and London that will relentlessly report on the political movements putting those in the "Party of Davos" on the run.
The Breitbart London Team Includes:
- Raheem Kassam - Experienced editor, think-tanker and political campaigns expert, Kassam is formerly the Executive Editor of The Commentator and Founder of TrendingCentral.com.
- James Delingpole - Award winning writer, blogger, author and personality. Delingpole is formerly of the Daily Telegraph and is a contributor at The Spectator (UK), Daily Mail, Daily Express, and more. James shot to (further) notoriety after exposing the Climategate debacle at East Anglia University. His books include, “Welcome to Obamaland: I Have Seen Your Future and It Doesn’t Work”, “365 Ways to Drive A Liberal Crazy”, and his latest hit, “The Little Green Book of Eco-Fascism”.
- Andre Walker - Experienced political campaigner, former Chief of Staff to David Morris MP, and political aide in the European Parliament and London Assembly.
- Nick Hallett - Writer and campaigns specialist, Hallett is the former Research Fellow from the Young Britons’ Foundation (YBF), the UK’s leading conservative youth training organization. In addition to serving at YBF, Hallett has assisted with the running of Conservative Way Forward, a leading UK pressure group, and the Margaret Thatcher Centre, a new museum and educational center dedicated to the life and work of former UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- Thomas Rose – Former publisher of The Jerusalem Post, and a host on SiriusXM’s Patriot Channel.
- Abraham Katsman - American attorney, consultant and political/foreign policy writer based in Jerusalem.
- Alex Wickham - Guido Fawkes news reporter, blogger, and UK political expert. Wickham is an integral part of the three-man team at Guido Fawkes, the UK’s most popular political blog. He writes for The Spectator, The Sun on Sunday, and has been Kassam’s Political Editor at The Commentator and TrendingCentral.com for more than a year.
- Ben Harris-Quinney - Conservative campaigner and media commentator. Harris-Quinney is the Chairman of the oldest conservative think-tank in the UK, the Bow Group, which has gone from strength to strength under his tenure. Harris-Quinney is published by La Razon, Forbes, and features regularly on UK TV and radio.
- Peter Glover - Glover is the international associate editor for Energy Tribune magazine, and author of “Power Politics” and “Energy and Climate Wars”.
- Charlotte Henry - Editor of the Digital Politico blog and contributor to The Spectator magazine and Total Politics magazine.
The Breitbart Texas Team Includes:
- Brandon Darby - Managing Director of Breitbart Texas, a former leftist organizer/activist and Andrew Breitbart protégé, leading Texas efforts for Breitbart News.
- Logan Churchwell - Assignment Manager of Breitbart Texas, formerly Communications Director for True the Vote, Accuracy in Media, and a Capitol Hill staffer.
- Sylvia Longmire - Contributing Editor for Breitbart Texas, focusing on border security and Mexican drug cartel activity in North America. Formerly an Air Force Officer and Special Agent, senior intelligence analyst for the California Office of Homeland Security, and author of Cartel and Border Insecurity.
- Merrill Hope - Contributor Breitbart Texas, focusing on education nationally and locally in Texas. Formerly a contributing writer for the Hollywood Reporter and Education Action Group (EAG) News.
- Bob Price - Contributor Breitbart Texas, focusing on the Texas political scene, legislative issues, border security, and public corruption.
- Lee Stranahan - Contributor Breitbart Texas, investigative reporter and filmmaker, focusing on the institutional Left and corruption in the State of Texas.
- Michael Quinn Sullivan - Contributor Breitbart Texas, former reporter and think tank executive, focusing on legislative issues, grassroots activism, and politics.