Report: Martin Threatened to Send Someone to Sodomize Incognito with 'Sandpaper Condoms'
In a series of back-and-forth texts, Jonathan Martin, who left the Dolphins earlier this season due to what he described as a "hostile work environment," allegedly threatened to send someone to sodomize Richie Incognito with "sandpaper condoms" and ejaculate on his face. Incognito reportedly responded, "hahaha."
Incognito, who has been tagged as the lead harasser who threatened to kill Martin's family and called him the "N-word," is going on the offensive, hiring the aggressive public relations firm Sitrick & Co. as he seeks to make a comeback next year in the NFL.
According to text messages obtained by Fox News, Martin allegedly threatened to send someone to Incognito's home to sodomize him with "sandpaper condoms." Martin’s spokeswoman, Ann Marchant, told Fox News that NFL investigators have "the entire series of texts and it's more accurate to look at all of them." She added that "to the extent Martin had made crude comments to Incognito, it was in the context of trying 'to be a friend to Richie and to fit in' with the team." She also said that Incognito sent emails to Martin in which he discussed "gang raping (Martin's) mother and sister. They are very vile."
Incognito's attorney Mark Schamel said that "Jonathan Martin sent text messages to Richie Incognito which included threats to send someone over to Richie Incognito's home with a 'tranquilizer gun and sandpaper condoms' to homosexually rape him. There was another where Jonathan Martin indicated he would ejaculate in Richie’s face."
On Dec. 17, 2012, Martin reportedly texted Incognito that, “Ima egg your house & light a bag of s--- on fire then ring your doorbell":
A minute later Incognito responded: "I'm going to shoot you and claim self-defense," adding: "Im white ur black I’ll walk."
Martin shot back: "Im gonna give McDonald bath salts & lock him in your house with a tranquilizer gun & a box of sand paper condoms."
Incognito responded a minute later "hahaha."
Martin left the Dolphins in the middle of the season due to what he said was a "hostile work environment." After Incognito was identified as the lead harasser, the Dolphins indefinitely suspended Incognito, who is now a free agent. Incognito has claimed that the two engaged in what was vulgar banter. The NFL hired lead investigator Ted Wells, a high-profile attorney, to conduct an independent investigation into the matter. Wells reportedly has conducted his interviews, and his report will reportedly be available after the Super Bowl.