Monday in Charlotte, NC at a campaign rally, Republican vice-presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) said Democratic presidential nominee Hilary Clinton should be “disqualified from ever serving as commander-in-chief” because of her actions in the 2012 Benghazi terror attack and its aftermath.
Pence said, “It was Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama who failed to negotiate a status of forces agreement in Iraq. Pulled all American forces out of the hard-fought gains in Iraq, that literally created a vacuum in which the murderous and barbarous terrorist organization ISIS was able to overrun vast areas that had been hard-won by the American soldier. There are heroes in our midst that served in operation Iraqi freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom. There are Gold Star families among us. Would anyone who has worn the uniform of the United States of America, would you stand or raise your hand and allow us to thank you for your service to the United States of America?”
He continued, “It breaks my heart to think of the hard-fought gains and sacrifices made to win security in Iraq by 2009 in the way it was squandered.And the American soldiers being called on again to win back what it already had won. It was Hillary Clinton and her State Department that left Americans in harms way in Benghazi. And after four Americans fell, she told the families of the fallen that it was a result of a filmmaker in Florida. You know, I have to tell you, I’m going to be with Dorothy Woods tonight at another stop in North Carolina—the Gold Star wife of Tyrone Woods. When Hillary Clinton was confronted about what she had said to the families, she told the Senate committee, ‘what difference, at this point, does it make?’ As a proud father of a United States Marine, anybody who said that, anybody who did that, should be disqualified from ever serving as commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. I mean it.”
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN