Hours after having his wrist slapped with a two week suspension of his low-rated MSNBC show, MSNBC’s Alec Baldwin took to the Huffington Post to try and clean up the mess he made after being caught on video Thursday calling a photographer a “c**ksucking f*g.” Baldwin admits that “whether his show will come back at all is at issue right now,” but does himself no favors in that regard by bizarrely changing his story.
Soon after the video hit of Baldwin screaming “c**ksucking f*g,” the actor took to Twitter to claim that he had not said “f*g,” but that “acoustical analysis” proved he said “fat head.”
Baldwin has since deleted those tweets, and is now attempting to change his story:
I think it is important to note, in light of recent events, a couple of clarifications.
One is that I never used the word faggot in the tape recording being offered as evidence against me. What word is said right after the other choice word I use is unclear. But I can assure you, with complete confidence, that a direct homophobic slur (or indirect one for that matter) is not spoken.
So much for acoustical analysis.
Baldwin also reveals that he might lose his low-rated MSNBC show:
Another issue I want to address is the decision by MSNBC to suspend my show. Whether the show comes back at all is at issue right now. My producers and I had a very enlightening and well-researched program prepared to air on November 22nd itself, dealing with John Kennedy’s assassination.
Earlier this year, Baldwin used his Twitter feed to attack a journalist with anti-gay slurs, going so far as to threaten the journalist and to call on others to join him.
MSNBC reacted to that incident by giving Baldwin his own show.
Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC