Ebola 'Screened Positive' Patient Leaves Texas Hospital After Mere Hours of Isolation

Ebola 'Screened Positive' Patient Leaves Texas Hospital After Mere Hours of Isolation

DALLAS, Texas – Thursday in Dallas, the center of national attention amidst multiple cases of Ebola, a woman arriving at Baylor University Medical Center Dallas “screened positive” for Ebola-like symptoms, after which she was transferred to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. She was authorized for release less than 24 hours from when she arrived at Baylor.

Friday afternoon, Baylor Health released the following statement, “Baylor Scott & White Health has not received any confirmed cases of Ebola.” It continued however, “A patient presented at Baylor University Medical Center Thursday evening reporting Ebola symptoms and indicated contact with someone with the disease.”

“The patient was transferred within hours to Texas Health Presbyterian as directed by the Dallas County Health Department,” according to the statement.

“Upon arrival to Baylor University Medical Center, the patient entered the hospital through a private entrance. That entrance was then closed, and the patient was immediately isolated. While again, there is no confirmation this patient is infected with Ebola, we are following all CDC disease-containment guidelines.

Baylor University Medical Center Dallas spokesperson Craig Civale confirmed to independent journalist Bob McCarty in a Friday morning phone call, “the patient had only screened positive(i.e., reported risk factors and showed symptoms that could indicate an infection) for Ebola, but had not yet tested positive for the virus.”

Breitbart Texas received the following statement from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital representative Candace White late Friday, “Thursday evening, a patient reporting Ebola symptoms was transferred from Baylor University Medical Center to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.”

She continued, “The patient was placed in isolation at Texas Health Dallas and evaluated with all appropriate precautions.”

However, within hours, “The patient was determined to be low risk and wanted to leave the hospital. The CDC and Texas Department of State Health Services were advised of this and did not feel it was necessary to have her detained.”

Follow Michelle Moons on Twitter @Michelle Diana

Breitbart Texas’ Bob Price contributed to this report.


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.