- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton claimed during her answer to a question about “Islamophobia” that the late Capt. Humayun Khan “has been subject to attack by [Republican nominee] Donald [Trump].”
Capt. Khan was an Army officer who gave his life defending fellow soldiers in Iraq, and whose parents attacked Trump in a speech at the Democratic National Convention.
When asked about the speech by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos (a former aide to President Bill Clinton), Trump made a comment about the silence of Khan’s mother, who stood mute onstage alongside Khan’s father.
But Trump never said anything negative at all about Capt. Khan, and in fact praised his sacrifice on nearly every occasion.
Trump reiterated his praise for the late Capt. Khan in his rebuttal to Clinton: “Captain Khan is an American hero.”