- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton claimed that Donald Trump “never apologizes for anything, to anyone.”
Fact-Check: MOSTLY FALSE.
Just two days ago, Trump apologized publicly for comments he made on a video recorded 2005 in which he joked about groping women.
It is true that Trump tends to avoid apologizing, and that he did not apologize in some of the cases that Clinton mentioned.
He did not apologize for the Birther controversy, for example — though he has maintained that there is no need to do so, because he provoked President Barack Obama into finally producing his long-form birth certificate.
Occasionally, Trump offers a sarcastic apology — as he did when he “apologized” to Pocahontas for using her name to ridicule Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), who allegedly faked Native American heritage to obtain a professorship at Harvard Law School.
And in August, he expressed “regret” for some of the things he had said that had offended people (including, presumably, the Khizr Khan episode, which Clinton mentioned). He avoided saying the word “apologize.”
Still, the claim that Trump “never” apologizes is incorrect.