President Barack Obama apparently has a lot of rust to shake off as he gears up for his “last campaign.”
Last week, he and his team committed at least five campaign gaffes:
1. Obama charged that Mitt Romney is not “qualified to think about the economy as a whole.” To be clear, a man who has never owned or run a lemonade stand is challenging the economic bona fides of a man who ran one of the most successful equity firms in America.
2. Obama told an audience that “if you have health insurance you will not be hit with a tax.” The cringe-worthy implication of course being, if you do not have health insurance, you will be subject to a tax.
3. The Obama campaign charges that Romney is a…felon? A man who is so vanilla he won’t so much as consume caffeine is a hardened criminal? Hardly bumper sticker worthy.
4. "There's a term limit thing in the presidency," Obama said. "This isn't like Congress, I can't just keep on running." That’s correct, Mr. President. Right you are, sir!
5. According to Obama, viewers of the most-watched cable news network (Fox News) are “stubborn.” Insulting voters generally doesn’t yield votes.
Silly season has officially begun.