Brazil spent $3.6 million on new stadiums and $3 million on infrastructure for the 2014 World Cup, which made it the most expensive World Cup in history. This is mainly due to Brazil’s choice to host matches in 12 cities instead of the usual 8. But now it appears to be a waste of money as stadiums are left in the dust.
Singapore authorities arrested 17-year-old YouTube blogger Amos Yee after he debuted an eight-minute video that criticized the late founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.
Australia is the latest country to implement new cockpit safety laws after Germanwings pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately crashed flight 4U9525 into the French Alps. The new law states two people must be in the cockpit at all times.
Blogger Washiqur Rahman, 27, was hacked to death in Bangladesh, the second similar attack on independent writers in the nation. An American atheist blogger was also hacked to death in Dhaka, the capital of the country.
The French government announced a fourth French national passed away due to wounds from the March 18 terrorist attack at Tunisia’s national museum. The death toll currently sits at 22.
The Saudi-led strikes against Yemen continued over the weekend on the capital of Sanaa against the Shiite Houthi group.
Indonesian police accidentally intoxicated the population of an entire town by burning 1,100 pounds of marijuana in Tangerang, 15.5 miles west of Jakarta. The amount added up to almost $1 million.
Two members of the Kurdistan Regional Parliament fought early in the week in the auditorium over President Massoud Barzani. The action forced Speaker Tariq Jawhar to investigate the fistfight. “The argument occurred between the two deputies from (Barzani’s) Kurdistan Democratic
Chechen Parliament Speaker Dukvakha Abdurakhmanov warned that Russia would supply arms to Mexico if America sends weapons to Ukraine.Chechen Parliament Speaker Dukvakha Abdurakhmanov warned that Russia would supply arms to Mexico if America sends weapons to Ukraine.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) claims water is being used as a weapon in the Middle East. The report stated the numerous wars and “aging delivery systems” cut down on clean water in the region.
Vladimir Yakunin, the head of the Russian Railways, proposed a super highway to connect London and New York City at the Russian Academy of Science. He also suggested a high-speed rail network to join Asia and Europe.
North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un aspires for the Hermit Kingdom to become an international sports powerhouse.
A building in New York City's East Village collapsed on Thursday afternoon, with the New York Post reporting that up to 30 people have been injured. Witnesses flooded social media with pictures and descriptions of the building.
Venezuela, a fertile ground for major-league talent, now repels many of the players it produced.
Russia signed a $10 billion deal to build Jordan’s first nuclear power plant. It is the third nuclear deal for Russia and the second within that region.
The Islamic State has taken over at least parts of the Tunisian town of Tataouine, with over 4,000 jihadists currently housed there. The government of Tunisia insists, however, that the town's most recognizable pop culture institution remains safe from jihadist destruction.
At the very last minute, a Swedish soccer team decided to change their flight plans from Germanwings Flight 9525 to three other flights. Flight 9525 crashed into the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board.
Massive protests broke out in Afghanistan after a woman was wrongly killed for burning the Koran. The protesters demanded those responsible be prosecuted for the murder.
The crash of Germanwings Flight 9525 killed 150 people, including 16 students and two teachers from a school in Haltern-am-See. The small town of 35,000 is 326 miles east of Berlin.
Authorities discovered the black box for Flight 9525, which will hopefully reveal why the flight crashed into the French Alps. The BEA air accident investigation authority announced they “extracted recordings” from the cockpit recorder.
Germanwings cancelled numerous flights after crew members refused to fly due to the tragic crash of Flight 9252 in the French Alps.
The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) released a video to flaunt an Assyrian Christian man who allegedly converted to Islam. Analysts believe he is one of the 220 Assyrian Christians ISIS kidnapped in Syria in February.
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is reporting that Russian-speaking women in the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) released a message to women in Russia to join them in Syria.
The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) has released a new video showing members of the terrorist group killing a Peshmerga soldier execution-style.
According to The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a watchdog group based in England, ISIS has recruited over 400 children since the beginning of 2015.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Obama vetoes measure against swifter union elections31 Mar 2015, 10:04 AM PDT
- Clinton poll numbers take hit in key swing states 31 Mar 2015, 9:48 AM PDT
- Benghazi committee seeks 'transcribed' interview with Clinton over deleted records31 Mar 2015, 9:25 AM PDT
- Supreme Court sides with Idaho in Medicaid pay dispute31 Mar 2015, 8:03 AM PDT
- Connecticut gov imposes travel ban over Indiana’s religious freedom law – despite similar law on books31 Mar 2015, 6:42 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Inmate who stole guard's gun and fled suburban hospital is in custody, police say31 Mar 2015, 9:58 AM PDT
- Family of NY woman slain and dismembered by mentally ill man settles wrongful death lawsuit31 Mar 2015, 9:45 AM PDT
- Connecticut teen charged in prom day killing to be evaluated by psychiatrists for state31 Mar 2015, 9:30 AM PDT
- Suspect in Pennsylvania firehouse hostage-taking reportedly in custody31 Mar 2015, 9:29 AM PDT
- Director of nonprofit to help child trafficking victims reunite with families is arrested31 Mar 2015, 9:21 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Hurricanes' Nash out with concussion31 Mar 2015, 9:22 AM PDT
- Report: Tiger Woods' plane seen at Augusta airport, indicating practice round31 Mar 2015, 9:16 AM PDT
- Rowe named MLS Player of the Week31 Mar 2015, 8:56 AM PDT
- Durant undergoes foot surgery31 Mar 2015, 8:53 AM PDT
- In the FCS Huddle: Next QB up31 Mar 2015, 8:41 AM PDT