A court in Turkey sentenced a man to life in prison for killing his wife after she gave birth to a second daughter instead of a son. He electrocuted her in her sleep.
Turkish authorities have arrested former Miss Turkey, Merve Buyuksarac, 26, because she quoted a poem on social media that insults President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The arrest is the latest in a crackdown on free speech in Turkey that has worsened since two radical Islamists slaughtered twelve people at satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, France.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that United States and Iraqi military forces have begun preparations to liberate Mosul from the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL). The radical terrorist group captured the historic city in June.
Andreas Seppi defeated No. 2 Roger Federer 6-4, 7-6(7), 4-6, 7-6(7). It is the first time since 2001 that Federer will not be in the fourth round at the Australian Open and first time since 2003 he will not be in the semifinals.
Day four of the Australian Open was exciting for American women’s tennis since seven women advance to the third round, but many Australians fell apart. It also showcased powerful Victoria Azarenka as she demolished No. 8 Caroline Wozniazki with ease.
Professor Hasan Herken, the dean of the medical faculty at Turkey’s Pamukkale University, resigned after he mocked a man dressed as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s “16 warriors,” representative of various manifestations of the Turkish empires throughout history.
In a new video, a man claiming to be Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau took responsibility for the massacre in Baga, Nigeria, in early January, claiming that God told them to do it. Local officials and human rights groups put the death toll at 2,000, but the Nigerian army reported only 150 deaths.
A recent controversy on FOX News following the Islamist attack on French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has rekindled a debate over the existence of “no go” areas in France and Britain, allegedly controlled by Muslims and off-limits to whites and Christians. Those areas exist, as ample research and video evidence proves.
Maria Sharapova barely survived to advance to the third round at the Australian Open. After an amazing first set, the second set was forced to fight back to win the match, 1-6, 6-4, 7-5 against qualifier Alexandra Panova.
Police intervened in a clash between an Islamist group and a group commemorating the victims of Charlie Hebdo and journalist Hirant Dink in Istanbul, Turkey. It turned violent, which forced the police to use gas to break up the crowd.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Palin rips Michael Moore, PETA at Iowa summit24 Jan 2015, 7:39 PM PDT
- Immigration protesters arrested at Iowa summit, Christie spars with one 24 Jan 2015, 6:31 PM PDT
- US condemns new separatist attack in Ukraine's Mariupol, points finger at Russia24 Jan 2015, 1:56 PM PDT
- Late night call to Senate over Keystone reminiscent of ominous Bat Signal 24 Jan 2015, 12:13 PM PDT
- Trump: ‘No way’ Bush, Romney would win in 201624 Jan 2015, 11:45 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Southern Calif. winds topple trees, power lines24 Jan 2015, 7:18 PM PDT
- South Georgia police search for missing couple who went to buy car24 Jan 2015, 5:24 PM PDT
- Third person dies after shooting at Nebraska party24 Jan 2015, 4:28 PM PDT
- Escaped murder suspect, 17, took elderly Ohio woman hostage before being caught by police24 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
- Police say Tacoma man kicked his pet Chihuahua, killing it24 Jan 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Team Foligno wins NHL All-Star Skills Competition24 Jan 2015, 8:23 PM PDT
- Bucks rout Pistons, who lose Jennings24 Jan 2015, 8:15 PM PDT
- Hornets prevail against Knicks24 Jan 2015, 8:08 PM PDT
- No. 6 Wisconsin withstands Michigan24 Jan 2015, 8:01 PM PDT
- Baylor shuts down struggling Oklahoma24 Jan 2015, 7:56 PM PDT