GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson picked up endorsements from 15 faith leaders in South Carolina, the third primary state and the first in the South.
The endorsements shows the retired neurosurgeon’s strong support among evangelical voters.
Carson’s campaign says that Carson will meet with the leaders today to discuss important issues as well as offer prayers.
“I’m humbled and honored to receive the support of so many men and women of faith,” Carson stated in a press release. “I am grateful for their support of my candidacy and vision for the country, and even more grateful for what they do to shape our values and elevate our character. I look forward to working with them to offer both political and moral leadership for America.”
South Carolina Faith Leaders Endorsing Carson for President of the United States are below:
- Dameron Batson, Evangelist/Christian Rapper, Spartanburg
- Mark Anthony Busbee, Evangelist, Gaston
- Robert Mark Clary, Care Team at New Spring Community Church, Anderson
- Joshua Clowney, Christian Rapper, Wellford
- David Fields, Evangelist/Christian Rapper, Greenville
- Rev. Jimmy Gallant, Charleston
- Larry Theodore Hipp, Jr, Evangelist, Anderson
- Austin Luke Holadia, Evangelist, Anderson
- Rev. Altheresa Howard, Lancaster
- Rev. Dennis Peake, Greenville
- Evangelist Chancey-Lindsey Peake, Greenville
- Earl Christopher Troup, MD, Greenville
- Pastor Scott Williams, Lyman
- Pastor Mark Wall, Anderson
- Pastor Mark Wills, Greenville
Five other faith leaders from across the country have also come out in support of Carson:
- Jim Arnold, NFL All Pro Kicker, Detroit Lions 1986-1993
- Dr. David Berman, Swanzey, NH
- Pastor Maury Davis, Nashville, TN
- Pastor Bobby Schuller, Anaheim, CA
- Pastor Michael Small, Litchfield, NH
- Pastor Ron Thomas, Las Vegas, NV
Voters in South Carolina head to the polls for the GOP primary on February 20, 2016, just a little over two months from now.