The Obama administration initially blamed the Sept. 11, 2012 attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi on a video that strongly criticized Islam.
For days, we heard White House officials blast the film in question, and President Barack Obama even addressed the video directly during a speech given at the U.N. days after the attack.
We now know intelligence gathered almost immediately reveals the video had no connection to the assault.
That didn’t stop Secretary of State Hillary Clinton from telling Charles Woods, the father of one of the Americans killed, that she would bring the filmmaker to justice, according to FoxNews.com.
Woods, in interviews earlier this week, also described a series of conversations he had with administration officials at the memorial service held Sept. 14. He said that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — despite signs early on that militants were behind the attack — pledged to him at that event that she would pursue the maker of an anti-Islam film that had been linked to other protests.
“Her countenance was not good and she made this statement to me … she said we will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted,” he said on radio host Glenn Beck’s online show, adding that she also apologized.
Woods said he “could tell that she was not telling me the truth.”