Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump announced that he would not be appearing at the March 21st Fox News Channel Republican debate on Wednesday’s “Fox & Friends.”
Trump said, “I will say this. I think we’ve had enough debates. We’ve had 11 or 12 debates. I did really well on the last one. I think I’ve done well in all the debates. I mean, according to Drudge and everybody else, I have won the debates. But I think we’ve had enough how many times can the same people ask you the same question? So I was very surprised when I heard that Fox called for a debate. Nobody told me about it. And I won’t be there, no.”
Trump also cited his speech before AIPAC that he had previously committed to on the same night, and that while he didn’t mind doing the debate, he think there have been enough.
When asked if he was done doing debates altogether, Trump stated, “I think it’s enough. I mean, I don’t mind it. I don’t mind the process of debating, it turned out that I do it well. I guess I do it well. According to the pollsters, I do it well, according to where I am, I do it well. But I think we’ve had enough debates to be honest.”
He further re-iterated that no one had told him about the debate until “yesterday or something.”
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett