- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
During the second presidential debate, Republican nominee Donald Trump said that America’s trade deficit in goods was nearly $800 billion last year.
The actual trade deficit in goods for 2015 was $763 billion, so Trump’s statement is essentially correct. The overall trade deficit, including both goods and services, was lower at $500 billion. Trump has generally focused more on the deficit in goods, and the difficulty it represents for America’s manufacturing sector.