Donald Trump Heckler Served Time for Bringing Homemade Bomb to Military Recruiting Center

Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at 'Politics And Eggs' at the Radisson Hotel, on November 11, 2015 in Manchester, New Hampshire. Coming off the fourth debate Trump continues to run strong in the polls.
Darren McCollester/Getty Images

One of two men arrested at a Donald Trump rally in Worcester was arrested in 2005 for planting a suspect device inside a Marine Corps recruiting facility.

The man, Peter Rondon, was arrested for disorderly conduct, after pushing some of the attendees. He also shouted “Trump’s a racist.”

In 2005, he reportedly created a suspect-device to escape his prior commitment to join the corps. That’s why he’s also identified as a “Marine recruit” in a 2005 report. He was also characterized as “looking for attention” at the time.

A man who recently signed up with the Marines was arraigned Wednesday on charges he took homemade bomb components to a recruiting center.

NewsCenter 5’s Jack Harper reported that Peter Rondon allegedly left bomb parts near his recruiter’s office after a visit. He was to report to basic training in a few weeks.

Investigators think Rondon wanted to end his career as a Marine before it started.

“Why the defendant did this judge, I don?t know. What was going on in his mind at the time, I don?t know,” said prosecutor Robert Pelligrini.

Investigators said after visiting his recruiter’s office on Park Street, Rondon placed some gas containers and wires in a bag at the office and called the recruiter.

“He was in the (bathroom) stall when he called a Marine recruiter on his cell phone and informed that Marine recruiter that there was a situation,” said Pelligrini.

“It was a family situation. It was an attention situation where he did not intend at all your honor, to do what happened,” said defense attorney Chris Tully.

The incident lead a partial evacuation of the 10-story building.

Some people over the court office stated he was looking for attention. Obviously, it is a sad way to get it,” said Worcester Police Chief Gary Quittadamo.

Fast-forward to today and Rondon still appears desperate for his five minutes of fame – this time at the expense of Republican frontrunner, Donald Trump.

The protester arrested from Donald Trump’s rally after screaming, “Trump’s a racist,” was convicted of leaving a bomb at a military facility on Park Avenue 10 years ago.

Peter Rondon, 29, of 93 Grand St., Apt. 214, was arrested after being thrown out of Trump’s rally at the DCU Center Wednesday night. He was charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct.

Police removed Rondon after he stood on his chair and started yelling “racist,” according to a police report. Police said he was deliberately pushing and bumping people around him.

Rondon was forcefully removed from the event by police.

Court records show Rondon was arrested in 2005 after being found in a third floor bathroom of a recruiting facility on Park Avenue with four gallons of gasoline connected by several wires.


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.