Parents at Academy Charter School (ACS) in Castle Rock, Colorado are outraged that “Challenge” programs presented at the school, during which 5th- and 6th-graders were required to share intense personal feelings and information about themselves and their families with their classmates,
Less than a year ago, Beltway pundits laughed when rank and file conservatives said the Common Core standards would be a major issue in the 2016 presidential race. Now, the conservative stars of the GOP who are lining up as potential contenders know the education reform initiative boondoggle will be a critical aspect of the debates.
The Virginia state Senate voted Friday to ban the adoption of the controversial Common Core standards without the prior approval of the General Assembly.
Democrat Party leaders in the state of Washington have condemned the Common Core standards in a new resolution, one that is similar to a resolution passed by Washington State Republicans last year.
Traditional Media Must Work: Gov. Pence Kills State-Run ‘News’ Site, Says He Read About It In The Papers
Traditional journalism outlets apparently work, since they are how Indiana Governor Mike Pence says he learned about his administration's plan to launch a "news" site of its own. The site, to be called "Just IN," has been shelved.
American Federation of Teachers Head: School Choice Helps ‘Spread Teaching of Junk Creationist Science’
With National School Choice Week underway in the United States, Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), tweeted out her disdain for school choice vouchers for private schools with a link to a piece written at MSNBC by Zack Kopplin two years ago.
Four middle school students in Wisconsin have been arrested and are facing sexual assault charges after a report that they recorded their “sex party” on their phones.
Economist and author Thomas Sowell has a way of very succinctly articulating profound truths. The Cato Institute tweeted one such nugget as the country celebrates National School Choice Week
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), a potential 2016 presidential candidate, is walking back Monday’s report in the Indianapolis Star that he is launching a taxpayer-funded, state-run “news” site.
To honor National School Choice Week, Louisiana U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) announced Monday that he has introduced the Local Control of Education Act, a measure that would ban the federal government from mandating the adoption of specific standards—such as the Common Core standards—as well as curriculum and assessments.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- In new budget, Obama proposing 14 percent tax on overseas profits to fund infrastructure projects1 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM PDT
- Walker, eyeing 2016 White House bid, says he's open to sending US troops to fight ISIS1 Feb 2015, 10:18 AM PDT
- Scott Walker surging in new Iowa poll1 Feb 2015, 9:26 AM PDT
- More states look to expand Medicaid1 Feb 2015, 9:19 AM PDT
- Ayotte presses Obama administration to 'define your enemy,' declare war with Islamic extremism1 Feb 2015, 8:53 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Police find body believed to be of Arkansas nursing student who disappeared 1 Feb 2015, 1:30 PM PDT
- San Francisco experiences driest January on record with no measurable rainfall1 Feb 2015, 1:00 PM PDT
- Texas governor declares Feb. 2 'Chris Kyle Day' 1 Feb 2015, 12:45 PM PDT
- Police bust Zamboni driver for DUI during girls high school hockey game1 Feb 2015, 12:36 PM PDT
- Boyfriend arrested in rape, brutal attack of California girl1 Feb 2015, 12:14 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Domingue leads Coyotes over Habs in first NHL start1 Feb 2015, 2:26 PM PDT
- National Hockey League Game Capsules1 Feb 2015, 2:24 PM PDT
- Steen, Blues holds off Caps1 Feb 2015, 2:04 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules1 Feb 2015, 1:48 PM PDT
- Korpikoski scores 2, Domingue wins 1st start, Coyotes end Canadiens' 5-game win streak, 3-21 Feb 2015, 1:39 PM PDT