Among participants of a 2013 study by the pro-abortion rights Guttmacher Institute, however, rape was not listed at all among the reasons why women seek late-term abortions.
House Republicans have withdrawn a controversial bill that would have reauthorized the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law after both conservatives and liberals came out against it.
The chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Communications Committee has welcomed the vote by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow the government to take control over the Internet.
On Thursday, Gov. Chris Christie admitted he adopted Common Core standards because his state needed the federal funds in exchange for signing onto the unpopular education reform.
Conservatives at CPAC 2015 cheered and gave a standing ovation to Carly Fiorina as she aggressively called out presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton for using Twitter as a means to campaign while hiding from challenges to her dismal record as a former Secretary of State.
In a panel discussion at CPAC Thursday, American Principles in Action (APIA) education director Emmett McGroarty debunked pro-Common Core talking points and made the claim that a Republican presidential nominee who supports Common Core would essentially be “unelectable” against Hillary Clinton in the general election.
A column in the Washington Post Wednesday observes that opponents of the Common Core standards continue to brave obstacles in their efforts to repeal the unpopular initiative.
A county judge has ruled that Missouri’s membership fees to the federally funded Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) is unconstitutional under the Compact Clause of the U.S. Constitution as well as under “state and federal law.”
As expected, President Obama is threatening to veto a House Republican bill that would reform the No Child Left Behind law.
Grassroots organizers and conservative groups posted an action alert on a bill that will likely be voted on this week in the House that would reauthorize the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law. The activists say HR5, known as the “Student Success Act,” will “denigrate parental rights and seize state sovereignty.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Congress no closer to funding Homeland Security Department as another shutdown deadline looms1 Mar 2015, 3:36 PM PDT
- Democrats, Republicans accuse each other of trying to spin Netanyahu visit to their political advantage1 Mar 2015, 2:05 PM PDT
- O'Malley points to financial regulation as a campaign issue1 Mar 2015, 12:13 PM PDT
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee1 Mar 2015, 12:03 PM PDT
- Rubio, Jindal make their pitch for potential 2016 run at meeting held by influential Club for Growth1 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Video purportedly shows police officers shooting homeless man in downtown Los Angeles2 Mar 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Statue honoring murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry unveiled1 Mar 2015, 8:09 PM PDT
- 3 children die from carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home1 Mar 2015, 3:14 PM PDT
- Suspect in fatal Los Angeles street race that left 2 spectators dead held on $2M bail1 Mar 2015, 2:30 PM PDT
- 3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak discovered in Ohio home; 1 child still critical1 Mar 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules1 Mar 2015, 9:26 PM PDT
- Westbrook-less Thunder top Lakers1 Mar 2015, 9:18 PM PDT
- With fighting in eastern Ukraine, soccer team from Donetsk plays far from home1 Mar 2015, 9:15 PM PDT
- Warriors rally to down Celtics1 Mar 2015, 9:14 PM PDT
- Cousins sits again as Kings fall to Blazers1 Mar 2015, 9:11 PM PDT