Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani told Reuters an offensive to retake Mosul from the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) will not happen until the fall due to inadequate forces.
Serena Williams won her sixth Australian Open and 19th Grand Slam by defeating No. 2 Maria Sharapova 6-3, 7-6(7-5) in one of the most electrifying finals matches.
Authorities in Mumbai, India, arrested Shirin Dalvi, editor of the Uru Daily Avadhnama newspaper, for printing a cartoon from Charlie Hebdo. It appeared on the front page of the January 17 edition. Residents in Mumbra in Thane complained to the police about the cartoon.
Nigerian authorities claim Boko Haram plans to use livestock, with the help of young males, as suicide bombers.
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic will face No. 6 Andy Murray in the Australian Open final on Saturday night after he defeated defending champion Stan Wawrinka. Murray advanced on Thursday night against No. 7 Tomas Berdych.
The Pajhwok Afghan News reported the Taliban captured Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) leader Mullah Abdul Rauf Khadim along with 45 supporters. The United States detained Khadim at Guantanamo Bay, but released him to Afghanistan in 2007.
Serena Williams faces Maria Sharapova in an Australian Open final between the tournament's top-two seeds.
The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) continues to execute doctors in Mosul, Iraq, who refuse to treat wounded jihadists returning from the front lines. The terrorist group reportedly murdered ten more doctors this week.
Madison Keys defeated No. 18 Venus Williams to reach her first Grand Slam final. The victory sets up a match between the American teenager and Venus Williams's sister, Serena, who defeated Dominika Cibulkova.
Over 30,000 people descended upon Karachi, Pakistan, to protest against the Mohammed cartoons published in Charlie Hebdo. It was the country’s largest rally against the satirical newspaper, where two gunmen slaughtered twelve people on January 7.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Christie aims to build foreign policy resume with trip to Britain1 Feb 2015, 1:39 AM PDT
- GOP House to vote next week to repeal ObamaCare, after attacking law piece by piece31 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- From Henry David Thoreau to Henry Kissinger and Code Pink, civil disobedience has a history in US politics31 Jan 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Veto, filibuster threats ahead of vote next week to fund Homeland Security, roll back executive actions31 Jan 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Confirmation hearings set to begin for Carter as next defense secretary amid daunting global challenges31 Jan 2015, 11:46 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Washington state man pays more than $18,000 in tolls1 Feb 2015, 1:52 AM PDT
- 7-alarm fire destroys Brooklyn warehouse, 1 injured1 Feb 2015, 12:34 AM PDT
- 2 climbers rescued off Mount Hood after fall31 Jan 2015, 11:31 PM PDT
- US prosecutors: New spy case shows Russia up to old tricks but targeting US economy this time31 Jan 2015, 11:15 PM PDT
- Suspicious package left at New York bus station contained 1,000 condoms31 Jan 2015, 11:10 PM PDT