President Obama used his State of the Union Address to highlight a pivot to policies he claims will strengthen the middle class. As the last six years have instructed, President Obama's rhetoric has a tortuous relationship with reality. As a new campaign by the Job Creators Network called Defend Main Street highlights, recent action by his Administration threatens almost 1 million small businesses.
On Monday, Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was admitted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond for an emergency procedure to drain fluids from his chest. According to a statement from his office, the treatment was due to complications from a traumatic injury the governor suffered over Christmas in Africa.
In the build up to President Obama's State of the Union address, the White House has floated plans to raise hundreds of billions in new taxes. The plans have almost no chance of passing Congress but are designed to frame the upcoming debates and alter the landscape for the presidential election in 2016.
Television's top news anchor, NBC's Brian Williams, earns a reported $13 million a year to read the news. This disparity far surpasses the 150-1 ratio earned by the average CEO.
At the beginning of the year, 20 states boosted their legally mandated minimum hourly wages. The hikes were the result of recently passed legislation or automatic inflation adjustments set into law. A new study, however, adds to the decades of economic research showing that such moves harm low-skilled workers, the very people such laws are intended to help.
Disgraced Delegate Joe Morrissey won a special election Tuesday to reclaim a seat he relinquished after agreeing to a plea deal concerning his relationship with a 17-year-old minor. His overnight stays in jail didn't prevent the former Democrat, an outspoken liberal, from defeating both Republican and Democrat opponents.
Hours before the GOP took control of the U.S. Senate last week, Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker used an appearance on CNBC to push a federal gas tax increase. Voters can be forgiven if they feel this was exactly what they expected when they gave Republicans complete control of Congress. Corker's disastrous timing isn't just bad politics -- it is horrible policy.
In one of its first legislative acts of the 114th Congress, the House overwhelming passed a reauthorization of the federal terrorism insurance program on Wednesday.
In each of his last six years in office, Obama has experienced an upturn in his end-of-the-year polling. By January, this approval bump has disappeared.
On Friday, the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition announced that government reformer Adam Andrzejewski will speak at the Coalition’s annual conference next weekend in South Carolina. Andrzejewski (pictured), founder of OpenTheBooks.com, has built the largest private database of government spending
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- White House Chief of Staff McDonough defends Obama on taxes, Israel, terrorism and Yemen25 Jan 2015, 8:29 AM PDT
- GOP battle lines drawn for budding 2016 presidential race, after Iowa summit 25 Jan 2015, 5:48 AM PDT
- Palin rips Michael Moore, PETA at Iowa summit25 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Obama's trip to India signals growing relations between two countries25 Jan 2015, 12:44 AM PDT
- US condemns new separatist attack in Ukraine's Mariupol, points finger at Russia24 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- TSA seizes record number of guns from 2014 air travelers, including 94-year-old 25 Jan 2015, 8:17 AM PDT
- Ruby Tuesday discriminates against male employees, federal lawsuit claims25 Jan 2015, 8:05 AM PDT
- Navy seeks more sonar-emitting buoys; critics raise concerns over impact on marine mammals25 Jan 2015, 6:49 AM PDT
- Searching for 'death-qualified' jurors slows marathon bombing, movie theater shooting trials25 Jan 2015, 6:47 AM PDT
- Boy, 13, arrested in stabbing death of teenager outside Los Angeles school25 Jan 2015, 6:39 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- NHL's finest gather in Columbus for All-Star Game25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Raptors return home to face Pistons25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Rivals meet in ACC affair25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Spurs resume homestand versus Bucks25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Nadal, Murray reach Aussie Open quarters25 Jan 2015, 7:57 AM PDT