Trey Trainor, one of the attorneys representing Empower Texans President Michael Quinn Sullivan in his ongoing battle with the Texas Ethics Commission (TEC), fired back at the TEC, the media, and critics who have questioned Sullivan's claims of residency in Denton County, saying that "the law is very clear" and questioning the extraordinary lengths and expense that the TEC has devoted to this case.
Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), widely assumed to be preparing for a 2016 presidential run, has taken several key steps recently to reach out to the Lone Star State, including making preparations to open an office in Texas and sending a congratulations note to a newly elected state senator who is popular with the conservative grassroots.
On Wednesday, the Texas Senate voted on mostly partisan lines to throw out a nearly 70 year old rule that made it easier for Democrats to block bills in the Republican controlled chamber. Under the "Two-Thirds Rule," bills could not be brought up for debate without the votes of two-thirds of the Senators, or 21 out of the 31 Senators. Republicans currently have a 20 to 11 majority, leaving them still needing the vote of at least one Democrat to advance legislation.
A ten year old girl from Tyler, Texas named Savannah Solis is on a mission to show her appreciation to law enforcement officers, and this weekend, she brought members of the Austin Police Department to tears with her simple message of gratitude.
AUSTIN, Texas – On a picture perfect sunny day, Greg Abbott was sworn in as the 48th Governor of Texas, delivering a message of gratitude and hope for Texas’ future. Abbott began his remarks by giving thanks, offering “my deep gratitude to the people of this state for electing me Governor of the greatest state in the United States America.”
AUSTIN, Texas -- Following a longtime tradition among Texas governors, outgoing Governor Rick Perry met with Governor-elect Greg Abbott on Monday morning to hand off a historic bible and share a verse with him.
AUSTIN, Texas -- As Texas' new elected officials are sworn into office this month, they will be leading a state ranked among the top ten most pro-life states in the nation, according to a ranking released by Americans United for Life (AUL), a pro-life legal organization.
AUSTIN, Texas -- State Senator Konni Burton (R-Colleyville) made headlines last week for wearing custom-made boots with a "Stand for Life" logo when she was sworn into office, and her Democrat predecessor, Wendy Davis, was unable to resist firing some parting shots at her, calling the boots "a kitschy statement" and attacking Burton's commitment to protecting Texans' constitutional rights.
AUSTIN, Texas -- The legal fees to defend Texas Governor Rick Perry since he was indicted by a grand jury last August for two felony charges have passed the one million dollar mark, according to the latest campaign finance report filed by his PAC, Texans for Rick Perry.
AUSTIN, Texas -- On Thursday, the Texas House of Representatives passed House Resolution 4, which contained several amendments to the rules governing the administration of the House, including new restrictions on media access to the Capitol that may make it easier for elected officials to retaliate against journalists who criticize them, as well as creating new challenges for citizen journalists, bloggers, and other new media to obtain media credentials.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Benghazi Select Committee leaders spar over witness interviews26 Jan 2015, 6:45 PM PDT
- Justice Department working on national car-tracking database26 Jan 2015, 5:45 PM PDT
- Keystone bill fails to clear Senate hurdle, debate drags on26 Jan 2015, 5:31 PM PDT
- Senate Minority Leader Reid recovering from surgery on eye Monday26 Jan 2015, 3:54 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Gunman killed after shooting 2 officers at Minnesota city hall26 Jan 2015, 10:27 PM PDT
- Police shoot Denver teen who struck officer with stolen car26 Jan 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Pennsylvania couple charged with child endangerment after pet ferrets chew off baby's nose26 Jan 2015, 8:30 PM PDT
- 4 sentenced to prison for shakedown scheme that involved phony kidnap claims26 Jan 2015, 7:01 PM PDT
- SpaceX Drops Suit as AF Opens More Competitive Launches26 Jan 2015, 4:35 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- NFL's deflated footballs investigation reportedly focuses on Patriots locker room attendant27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Tar Heels finish strong to take down Syracuse26 Jan 2015, 10:16 PM PDT
- Big first half leads Celtics over Jazz26 Jan 2015, 9:56 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules26 Jan 2015, 9:47 PM PDT
- Grizzlies hold off Magic26 Jan 2015, 9:44 PM PDT