Calling them the “most significant drug dealers” he’d dealt with in two decades on the bench, U.S. District Chief Judge Ruben Castillo sentenced twins Pedro and Margarito Flores to 14 years each in prison for smuggling at least 71 tons of cocaine and heroin and nearly $2 billion in cash from 2005 to 2008 for Mexico’s Sinaloa Cartel. The Flores brothers served as the control point for the drug trafficking organization in the Windy City for years, and would have received life sentence had they not agreed to fully cooperate with U.S. authorities to bring down major players in the cartel.
Mexican drug cartels may be raking in billions of dollars in profits every year, but new figures from both the United States and Mexican sources indicate marijuana from south of the border may be accounting for a much smaller share than before. Some drug war observers believe that legalization measures in certain U.S. states are causing not only a decline in marijuana smuggling, but a decline in Mexico’s homicide rate as well.
Sandra Ávila Beltrán, also known as the “Queen of the Pacific” for her alleged cocaine smuggling and money laundering activities, was released from a Mexican prison after winning her appeal. Most people picture the highest level leaders in a drug
Mexican drug cartels, along with an untold number of global criminal and terrorist organizations, launder billions of dollars every year through banks and money service businesses. In order to curb this cartel activity, the Mexican government has severely limited the amount of American dollars that can be deposited into numbered accounts. A side effect of this policy, however, has been that Mexicans and travelers who pass through the country's airports can quickly and easily profit from buying U.S. dollars at a loss, then selling them a few feet away for pesos at a roughly 3 percent profit.
Mexico’s drug war was completely rocked in February 2014 after news broke of the arrest of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzmán Loera, the notorious long-time head of the Sinaloa cartel and arguably the most wanted man in the Western Hemisphere. But despite the U.S. government’s deep desire to prosecute and incarcerate Guzmán in the United States, Mexico’s attorney general announced the kingpin would not be extradited.
Why isn’t Michelle Obama holding a sign on Twitter that says #FindOurStudents? If you do not know what that hashtag reference is about, then you are not alone. Many Americans are more familiar with #BringBackOurGirls, a sign the First Lady
TUCSON, Arizona — Drug lords in Mexico have officially been put on notice: President Enrique Peña Nieto is coming for you — even though he said he would not two years ago. Despite the fact Mexico’s leader harshly criticized predecessor
TUCSON, Arizona — On October 7, the Wall Street Journal published a story that stated the vast majority of migrants who recently entered the US illegally are showing up for their scheduled deportation hearings. Specifically, it said between July 18
TUCSON, Arizona — On July 14, Breitbart Texas revealed that an Arizona military testing facility was a hotbed of drug and human smuggling, partly due to its remote location and ineffective security protocols. The report also explained how security had
The federal government has struggled to process and house over 57,000 minors who have entered the US illegally from Central America since October of last year. One of the biggest controversies associated with this crisis has been the root cause
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Congress no closer to funding Homeland Security Department as another shutdown deadline looms1 Mar 2015, 3:36 PM PDT
- Democrats, Republicans accuse each other of trying to spin Netanyahu visit to their political advantage1 Mar 2015, 2:05 PM PDT
- O'Malley points to financial regulation as a campaign issue1 Mar 2015, 12:13 PM PDT
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee1 Mar 2015, 12:03 PM PDT
- Rubio, Jindal make their pitch for potential 2016 run at meeting held by influential Club for Growth1 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 3 children die from carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home1 Mar 2015, 3:14 PM PDT
- Suspect in fatal Los Angeles street race that left 2 spectators dead held on $2M bail1 Mar 2015, 2:30 PM PDT
- 3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak discovered in Ohio home; 1 child still critical1 Mar 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Small pickup truck falls through ice on frozen New Jersey river; dead dog found inside1 Mar 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- Homeless Marine gets last wish to be buried in dress blues 1 Mar 2015, 1:39 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Poulter, Casey lead during final round of Honda Classic1 Mar 2015, 5:25 PM PDT
- Purvis leads UConn past No. 21 SMU1 Mar 2015, 5:01 PM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules1 Mar 2015, 5:01 PM PDT
- Ladd, Jets down Kings1 Mar 2015, 4:59 PM PDT
- Rockets clip Cavs in OT1 Mar 2015, 4:54 PM PDT