The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is installing seven towers equipped with sophisticated cameras in southern Arizona as part of its Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT) program. These towers are going up in Santa Cruz County, specifically near the cities of
Calling them the “most significant drug dealers” he’d dealt with in two decades on the bench, U.S. District Chief Judge Ruben Castillo sentenced twins Pedro and Margarito Flores to 14 years each in prison for smuggling at least 71 tons of cocaine and heroin and nearly $2 billion in cash from 2005 to 2008 for Mexico’s Sinaloa Cartel. The Flores brothers served as the control point for the drug trafficking organization in the Windy City for years, and would have received life sentence had they not agreed to fully cooperate with U.S. authorities to bring down major players in the cartel.
Mexican drug cartels may be raking in billions of dollars in profits every year, but new figures from both the United States and Mexican sources indicate marijuana from south of the border may be accounting for a much smaller share than before. Some drug war observers believe that legalization measures in certain U.S. states are causing not only a decline in marijuana smuggling, but a decline in Mexico’s homicide rate as well.
Sandra Ávila Beltrán, also known as the “Queen of the Pacific” for her alleged cocaine smuggling and money laundering activities, was released from a Mexican prison after winning her appeal. Most people picture the highest level leaders in a drug
Mexican drug cartels, along with an untold number of global criminal and terrorist organizations, launder billions of dollars every year through banks and money service businesses. In order to curb this cartel activity, the Mexican government has severely limited the amount of American dollars that can be deposited into numbered accounts. A side effect of this policy, however, has been that Mexicans and travelers who pass through the country's airports can quickly and easily profit from buying U.S. dollars at a loss, then selling them a few feet away for pesos at a roughly 3 percent profit.
Mexico’s drug war was completely rocked in February 2014 after news broke of the arrest of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzmán Loera, the notorious long-time head of the Sinaloa cartel and arguably the most wanted man in the Western Hemisphere. But despite the U.S. government’s deep desire to prosecute and incarcerate Guzmán in the United States, Mexico’s attorney general announced the kingpin would not be extradited.
Why isn’t Michelle Obama holding a sign on Twitter that says #FindOurStudents? If you do not know what that hashtag reference is about, then you are not alone. Many Americans are more familiar with #BringBackOurGirls, a sign the First Lady
TUCSON, Arizona — Drug lords in Mexico have officially been put on notice: President Enrique Peña Nieto is coming for you — even though he said he would not two years ago. Despite the fact Mexico’s leader harshly criticized predecessor
TUCSON, Arizona — On October 7, the Wall Street Journal published a story that stated the vast majority of migrants who recently entered the US illegally are showing up for their scheduled deportation hearings. Specifically, it said between July 18
TUCSON, Arizona — On July 14, Breitbart Texas revealed that an Arizona military testing facility was a hotbed of drug and human smuggling, partly due to its remote location and ineffective security protocols. The report also explained how security had
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Sources: More than a dozen ISIS operatives in Libya, but no US authority to strike2 Mar 2015, 4:15 PM PDT
- Hillary’s foreign fundraising mess: Even the liberal press is fed up 2 Mar 2015, 4:13 PM PDT
- Senate rejects proposal to negotiate with House on DHS funding, handing issue back to Boehner2 Mar 2015, 4:05 PM PDT
- Trump hires Iowa operative amid 2016 chatter2 Mar 2015, 3:20 PM PDT
- Air traffic control system a hacking risk, watchdog says2 Mar 2015, 3:19 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Official: Virginia man on FBI's most-wanted terror list has been detained in Somalia2 Mar 2015, 4:46 PM PDT
- Southern California man charged with kidnapping, raping 16-year-old girl over 5 days in RV2 Mar 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
- Contractor: Texas inmates who planned uprising wanted transfer, not upset about medical care2 Mar 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
- Ga. woman nearing execution: state parole board lets stand a decision denying her clemency2 Mar 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- Oregon family tries to free daughter jailed in Japan for bringing in medicine with amphetamine2 Mar 2015, 2:15 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Olsen's claims about Woods refuted, retracted2 Mar 2015, 4:58 PM PDT
- Rangers extend Zuccarello2 Mar 2015, 4:30 PM PDT
- NASCAR went from Daytona to Atlanta and lost all the momentum from season-opening spectacular2 Mar 2015, 4:23 PM PDT
- Ducks pick up Holzer from Maple Leafs2 Mar 2015, 3:50 PM PDT
- JGR picks Hamlin, Jones and Said to drive Kyle Busch's Xfinity Series car2 Mar 2015, 3:49 PM PDT