President Obama will host Pope Francis at the White House on September 23, according to the press office.
In a statement from Press Secretary Josh Earnest’s office, he indicated that Obama was interested in continuing the dialogue with the Pope on the following issues:
- Caring for the marginalized and the poor
- Advancing economic opportunity for all
- Serving as good stewards of the environment
- Protecting religious minorities
- Promoting religious freedom around the world
- Welcoming and integrating immigrants and refugees into our communities.