Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, and Economy Minister Naftali Bennett attended a “silent march” against terrorism in Paris today, alongside a number of European leaders, including French President Francois Hollande.
Initial reports indicated Netanyahu would not attend the rally due to security concerns, but his plans changed once it was announced that Lieberman would be attending.
The rally comes just days after the January 7 terror attack at the Charlie Hebdo headquarters in which 12 people were killed and another 11 injured. Breitbart News previously reported how the manner that the attack was carried out indicated a precise plan in which the attackers chose the individuals who would be killed beforehand.
YNetNews.com reports Netanyahu called French President Francois Hollande after the attack and said: “The entire people of Israel are with you. Our hearts are with the families of the victims. Israel offers any assistance that France needs.”
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas attended the Paris rally as well.
The Times of Israel reports that Abbas called Hollande on January 10 “to offer condolences” regarding the terror attack, and stressed that such terrorism is not the product of any one religion.
Abbas said: “At this solemn moment of tragedy our hearts and minds are with you in the face of terrorism that has no religion. The entire Palestinian people are pained by what has taken place.”
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins Reach him directly at email@example.com.