Following a Sunday predawn attack, Nigerian forces lost the town of Monguno, in northeastern Borno state, to Boko Haram fighters.
On Monday, Virginia's Republican-controlled Senate Courts of Justice panel rejected Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's (D) plan for limiting handgun purchases to one a month and placing new regulations on gun shows.
On January 26, Aljazeera ran a special report on the state of gun control in America, which included a quote on how Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is making efforts to "undo the damage the NRA has done."
On January 25 Slate magazine published an article revolving around the NRA's warning that we live in a dangerous world best answered by owning a gun. They argue that the call to gun ownership for self-defense is false, that it is part of a great myth which has clouded the minds of Americans and resulted in a "misguided" expansion of gun ownership, and therefore, expanded crime.
Just after midnight on January 22, an armed man drove up beside a pedestrian in Dallas, Texas, demanded money, and was then shot and killed when the would-be victim turned out to have a concealed carry license and a handgun on his person.
New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow is "fuming" over the fact that his black son was stopped and questioned by police on Saturday as they searched for a black robbery suspect.
Speaking at Iowa’s Freedom Summit on January 24, former Hewlett Packard CEO and possible Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina explained differences between herself and the Democrat’s favorite female candidate, Hillary Clinton. One of those differences is that Fiorina understands that
NAVY Seal sniper Chris Kyle's widow Taya Kyle was left speechless after receiving a check for the proceeds from a raffle of a replica of Kyle's sniper rifle on Friday.
On January 23, the Tampa Bay Times reacted to campus carry legislation being considered in Florida by suggesting, having guns on campus for self-defense is "imprudent" and will not make campuses safer.
On January 22, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America founder Shannon Watts seized upon the tragic news of a toddler shooting his 9-month-old brother to argue that toddlers shooting children is the "new normal."
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Senate Minority Leader Reid recovering from surgery on eye Monday26 Jan 2015, 3:54 PM PDT
- Cuba's $6B debt to Americans for seized properties hangs over US talks26 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM PDT
- House GOP leaders cancel vote on border security bill amid blizzard of complaints26 Jan 2015, 12:04 PM PDT
- Spokesman: Iowa governor to be hospitalized overnight after falling ill26 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Feds: 3 charged in connection with Russian spy ring in New York26 Jan 2015, 3:30 PM PDT
- US prosecutors ask Ohio judge for conference on classified information in US Capitol plot case26 Jan 2015, 2:46 PM PDT
- Court upholds conviction in 1988 killing of racing great Mickey Thompson and his wife26 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Police: 13-year-old Minnesota boy fatally shot by older brother during 'cops and robbers' game26 Jan 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- California woman who killed 2-year-old by giving her chili powder gets 15 years to life26 Jan 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- O's strike deals with Norris, Flaherty26 Jan 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- Higuain's double powers Napoli past Genoa26 Jan 2015, 2:58 PM PDT
- Gallo's goal sinks Porto26 Jan 2015, 2:55 PM PDT
- Report: Video shows Pats moved game balls26 Jan 2015, 2:52 PM PDT
- Former Red Sox pitcher Monbouquette dies26 Jan 2015, 2:42 PM PDT