To protect a precious archaeological area that stretches around a church dating back to the fourth century AD, a group of Coptic monks from the Monastery of Saint Macarius have staged a resistance to a road-building project, going so far as to lie down in front of approaching bulldozers.
Christian churches are under increasing assault all over Europe, reports a Vienna-based group charged with monitoring such attacks.
Having established themselves in Mosul, the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) has continued its efforts to destroy the history of the second-largest city in Iraq. The terrorist group published a video of militants destroying thousands years old artifacts with glee and smiles on their faces.
A gunman murdered Boris Nemtsov, a leader in the Russian opposition and critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin, in the middle of Moscow early Saturday morning.
NATIONAL HARBOR, MARYLAND-- Dr. Sebastian Gorka, who is Breitbart News’ National Security and Foreign Affairs editor and serves as the Chair of Military Theory at Marine Corps University, spoke as part of an expert panel on Friday at the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) titled, “Lowering the Boom: When to Stand Up to Rogue Nations.”
Nobel laureate, Holocause survivor, Jewish leader and world literary figure Elie Wiesel will participate in a bipartisan dialogue on the eve of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's controversial speech to a joint session of Congress.
NATIONAL HARBOR, MARYLAND-- Breitbart News’ Adelle Nazarian was part of a distinguished panel of experts on Friday at the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) titled “China Rising,” where speakers elaborated on the threats posed by China to the west, and spoke to their beliefs as to whether the Middle Kingdom should be seen as a friend, enemy or “frenemy” to America.
Militants in Yemen’s capital of Sanaa kidnapped French woman Isabelle Prime and her Yemini interpreter Sherine Makkaoui on Tuesday. FRANCE 24 spoke to Makkaoui’s father, who said his daughter refused to leave Prime’s side.
Citizens organized a march in Dhaka, Bangladesh, to protest the murder of American atheist blogger Avijit Roy. He was hacked to death with machetes after he received numerous threats from radical Islamists.
USA Today reports on the efforts of Assyrian Christians to put their own army together and fend off the Islamic State, which has been raiding Assyrian communities in the Nineveh Plains, taking hundreds of women and children for use as hostages and slaves.
FBI agents intercepted 18-year-old Abdullahi Mohamud Yusuf of Minnesota at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport last May while en route to Syria to join ISIS. He had obtained a passport under false pretenses, claiming that he wanted to visit Istanbul on vacation. He was later formally arrested and charged with conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization, and entered a guilty plea on Thursday. He could spend up to 15 years in prison.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Obama mourns passing of Nimoy: 'I loved Spock'27 Feb 2015, 2:27 PM PDT
- Boehner invites Afghan president to address Congress27 Feb 2015, 1:30 PM PDT
- Lawmaker reimbursed costs for lavish office decor27 Feb 2015, 11:48 AM PDT
- House Republican leaders scrap education vote27 Feb 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
- State Dept. official granted bond on soliciting minor charge27 Feb 2015, 11:40 AM PDT
Fox News National
- California couple dies hand-in-hand after 67-year-long storybook romance27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Federal appeals court rules marathon bombing trial can stay in Boston27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Execution date set for Ga. inmate who killed man rather than repay him for stolen checks27 Feb 2015, 8:51 PM PDT
- US appeals court rules that Boston Marathon bombing trial can stay in Massachusetts27 Feb 2015, 8:10 PM PDT
- 2 hours to deadline, House approves bill to fund Homeland Security for 1 week27 Feb 2015, 8:04 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules27 Feb 2015, 9:16 PM PDT
- Butler guides Bulls past Timberwolves27 Feb 2015, 9:09 PM PDT
- Knicks snap skid, outlast Pistons in 2-OT27 Feb 2015, 9:08 PM PDT
- Jones leads Rockets past Nets27 Feb 2015, 9:04 PM PDT
- Halak sets Isles' record in win over Flames27 Feb 2015, 9:03 PM PDT