Since 2008, the world has become a significantly more dangerous place. In every region, new threats have emerged or old ones have reasserted them. The scorecard is clear: the bad guys are winning and America’s interests are being undermined daily.
Boko Haram jihadists have reportedly closed in on the Nigerian city of Maiduguri, which has an estimated population of two million, along with another 200,000 who are currently taking refuge within its borders.
The Associated Press reports on a horrific suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan, which killed 16 and wounded 39 at a funeral for victims of previous Taliban violence.
A bill that would levy tough new sanctions on Iran if it fails to sign an agreement to curb its nuclear program cleared a Senate committee on Thursday. But lawmakers are holding off on a full Senate vote to see whether diplomatic negotiations yield a deal.
Al Jazeera’s New York and Washington, D.C. journalists have reportedly received strict orders from Qatari management: please don’t use the words “terrorist,” “militant,” “Islamist,” “jihad” and “extremist” in your reporting.
(Reuters) - Three American contractors were killed and a fourth was wounded by an Afghan soldier at the military airport in the capital Kabul, an Afghan air force official told Reuters on Thursday.
British historian William Oddie has called Barack Obama “the most anti-Catholic American president in living memory” because “across the whole spectrum of contemporary moral issues, he is passionately committed to a series of views which run directly contrary to those of the Church.”
A court in Albuquerque has sentenced Pedro Leonardo Mascheroni, a U.S. physicist of Argentine descent, to five years in prison for attempting to sell an undercover FBI agent U.S. nuclear secrets, as well as promising a bomb that could severely impair functions in New York City.
As if dealing with a terror state that wants to turn the northern half of their country into Lower Jihadistan isn't bad enough, Iraqi officials find themselves staring at a mountain of terrorist corpses they cannot get rid of, because the home countries of ISIS fighters don't want their dead expatriates back.
The Pajhwok Afghan News reported the Taliban captured Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) leader Mullah Abdul Rauf Khadim along with 45 supporters. The United States detained Khadim at Guantanamo Bay, but released him to Afghanistan in 2007.
The House of Representatives’ senior ranking Democrat, Nancy Pelosi, said on Wednesday she was concerned that if Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke to the U.S. Congress in March, it may result in negative ramifications for the ongoing nuclear talks with Iran.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Whitewashing savagery: Al-Jazeera English bans use of ‘terrorist’ for mass killers29 Jan 2015, 3:41 PM PDT
- White House acknowledges -- but also denies -- that Taliban are a terrorist group29 Jan 2015, 1:55 PM PDT
- Panel recommending changes to military health care, benefits29 Jan 2015, 1:17 PM PDT
- SC Sen Lindsey Graham explores 2016 GOP presidential run29 Jan 2015, 12:35 PM PDT
- Official: New Iranian envoy to get US visa for UN post29 Jan 2015, 12:03 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Report: 2 lawyers in city-funded group participated in anti-police video with violent message29 Jan 2015, 2:01 PM PDT
- Head of LAPD's civilian oversight board wants probe of event featuring ex-Mexican Mafia leader29 Jan 2015, 2:01 PM PDT
- Connecticut man wrongly imprisoned for 21 years for '86 killing is awarded $6M in compensation29 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Report Recommends Combining Exchange, Commissary Systems29 Jan 2015, 1:49 PM PDT
- FBI adds alleged al-Shabab recruiter from Va. to most-wanted terrorist list29 Jan 2015, 1:48 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- 49ers name Gamble senior personnel executive29 Jan 2015, 2:23 PM PDT
- Extra Points: Marshawn speaks ... sort of29 Jan 2015, 1:33 PM PDT
- Seahawks try to go back-to-back against Patriots in SB XLIX29 Jan 2015, 1:33 PM PDT
- Hernandez trial begins with opening arguments29 Jan 2015, 1:22 PM PDT
- Kyle Larson just fine not replacing Jeff Gordon, hopes to build something with Chip Ganassi29 Jan 2015, 12:57 PM PDT