Whataburger Provides Free Meals to First Responders After Houston Floods

Photo Courtesy of Whataburger

HOUSTON, Texas — Whataburger, a Texas favorite, is providing uniformed first responders in the flooded city a free meal at all Houston locations until midnight, April 23rd.

As reported by Breitbart Texas, the massive floods in the Bayou City have claimed lives of those caught up in the floods. In all, there have been six confirmed deaths in the Houston area, as updated by Click2 News in Houston. More heavy rains are expected throughout the area through Thursday.

Authorities in Harris and Waller Counties reported that the drowning deaths were caused when the area was hit by as much as 17 inches of rain. Six of the victims died in Harris County, another died in neighboring Waller County, and another died in the Hill Country in Austin County, according to the Click2 News update.

On Monday, Houstonians and those reporting about the floods and a possible tornado in the area, tweeted out photos of the devastation, as reported by Breitbart Texas.

Officials were out in force on Tuesday rescuing folks who were caught in the floodwaters. Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman went out with his Marine Division to rescue people in the heavily hit Cypress Creek area in northwest Houston. The sheriff and his men were helped by local Justice of the Peace Judge Lincoln Goodwin. Goodwin was in the area helping put computers and other equipment in the courthouse up out of the way of any danger.

The Houston area and Texas forecast from the National Weather Service calls for a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 90 percent chance of more thunderstorms on Thursday. There is a 10 percent chance of rain on Friday and mostly sunny skies are predicted. A flash flood watch continues for a portion of southeast Texas, including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, Polk, San Jacinto, Waller, Washington, and Wharton counties through 7 p.m. Wednesday evening.

Law enforcement and other officials are still out in force helping those who are stranded. More rains on Wednesday are making the already dangerous conditions more precarious.

Lana Shadwick is a writer and legal analyst for Breitbart Texas. Follow her on Twitter @LanaShadwick2


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.