Police: Four-Year-Old Girl Found Walking Alone in Bronx After Midnight

Police are searching for the parent or guardian of a little girl found wandering alone on a Bronx street after midnight on Saturday.

The child told authorities her name is Sidaya. She was found on the corner of Prospect Avenue and East 156th Street in Longwood, ABC 7 reported.

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) shared surveillance footage Sunday of an adult wearing black pants and a jacket crossing a street.

Moments later, the person stopped and looked back as the child appeared and followed them out of the camera’s view:

“The girl was evaluated and placed in the care of the administration for child services,” the ABC article read, adding that she was wearing a blue sweater, blue sweatpants, and rain boots at the time.

“The unidentified adult is described as a female approximately in her mid-20s, 5’2″ tall, with a medium complexion and a thin build. She was last seen wearing a black head scarf, a light blue denim jacket, black pants and white sneakers,” the report said.

In a subsequent tweet, the NYPD shared photos of the little girl in an effort to gather more information about her and the incident:

Citizens with information regarding the two individuals were asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips on the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or go to the Twitter page, @NYPDTips.

Meanwhile, a woman was arrested recently for allegedly leaving her newborn in a Coney Island, Brooklyn, dumpster, resulting in the infant’s death, Breitbart News reported.

Officials found the baby in the receptacle behind a West 27th Street apartment complex once its mother called 911.

“The 27-year-old called 911 to report that she gave birth on February 12 and placed her child in the trash but did not know where the baby was,” the report said.

Authorities located the baby in the dumpster a block away from the woman’s home. Officers called paramedics who found the infant unconscious and unresponsive.

“The infant was later pronounced dead. Police took the woman into custody with charges pending,” the article read, adding that the medical examiner was working to determine if the baby was stillborn or a murder victim.


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.