JOIN BREITBART. Takes 2 seconds.

Elvis Costello Cancels Tour amid Battle with ‘Aggressive’ Cancer

Elvis Costello performs during day 3 of the Hard Rock Calling festival held in Hyde Park on June 27, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
BREITBART NEWS

LONDON (AP) — Elvis Costello has canceled the rest of his European summer tour after undergoing surgery for a “small but very aggressive” cancerous tumor.

The post-punk singer-songwriter says he needs time to recover after the operation.

The 63-year-old musician said in a statement Friday that he initially thought “normal service had been resumed” but now realized he needed more rest. He said “therefore, I must reluctantly cancel all the remaining engagements of this tour.”

He vowed to “return at the soonest opportunity.”

The canceled concerts were in Britain, Croatia, Austria, Norway and Sweden.

Costello, whose hits include “Alison” and “Oliver’s Army,” urged men to go to their doctors if they had symptoms they were worried about.

.

Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.