Attorney General Eric Holder recently announced at a news conference that an alleged plot to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador to the United States involved a conspiracy emanating from Iran.
The timing of the announcement, as well as who delivered it, were both puzzling. In matters of security and terrorism, the normal person to call a news conference would be the head of the FBI and/or the head of the Department of Homeland security. Secondly, within 15 hours of the press conference, Eric Holder received a subpoena from Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee concerning the “Fast and Furious” scandal.
Viewers were informed that the FBI had been aware of the conspiracy since May 2011 – nearly five months ago. Did Holder use he opportunity as an attempt to distract the public from the subpoenas he knew were imminent? According to the DOJ’s timeline, the conspiracy was foiled on October 7th. When did our government work so fast to advise the public within 4 days of a complex case like this? Is Eric Holder playing the deflection game?
What is so ironic about this alleged Iranian plot is that it has many similarities to exactly what is being investigated by Congress relative to the “Fast and Furious” scandal.
There are at least six key accusations against ATF and DOJ made by ATF whistleblowers and other sources within the federal government. They are:
1. ATF/DOJ/Others instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with questionable and illegal sales of firearms to straw purchasers.
2. ATF/DOJ/Others allowed and even assisted in those guns crossing the U.S. border into Mexico to “boost the numbers” of American civilian market firearms seized in Mexico and thereby provide the justification for more firearm restrictions on American citizens. This would be an assault on the second amendment.
3. ATF/DOJ/Others intentionally kept Mexican authorities in the dark about the operation, even over objections of their own agents.
4. Weapons that ATF/DOJ/others let “walk” into Mexico were involved in the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, ICE agent Jaime Zapata, and at least hundreds of Mexican citizens.
5. Since the death of Brian Terry on December 14th, the Obama administration is engaged in a full-press coverup of the facts behind what has come to be known as “Fast and Furious.”
6. There have been up to 200 incidents of death and violence reported in Mexico that could be connected to weapons supplied through ATF gun running operation.
Similarly, the Iranian plot was reportedly uncovered by a tip from “an informer to the FBI posing as member of a Mexican drug cartel.” This indicates that Iran uses criminals in Mexico to hatch plots against the USA to be carried out on our soil. Iran-sponsored terrorists are being smuggled across our borders while a similar suspicion is now brewing against the USA government that supplied guns secretly to criminals in Mexico for some political reason; the Obama Justice Department is now being investigated by the House Oversight committee. In the case of the “Fast Furious” scandal, the major difference is that human life has been lost. If it is proven that the officials of the US government plotted to supply weapons to Mexican drug cartels who are vicious, murderous criminals, there will be very serious consequences for the people behind such a conspiracy.
The final question is: why would our government wish to provide weapons to criminals? The answer may be very simple. The left wishes to do away with the Second Amendment. Supplying weapons secretly sourced from the USA to cause mayhem on our borders might be a strong enough influence to make gun ownership in the USA very difficult or, even worse, might give sufficient political cover to do away with or severely hamstring citizens’ Second Amendment right. The removal of the Second Amendment is the key to complete the socialist/Communist revolution. Removing guns from law-abiding citizens will give complete confidence to the radical left to completely remove the freedoms afforded to us by the founding fathers of the USA and the Constitution that enabled this country to be the greatest country on earth.
If the allegations of “Fast and Furious” prove to be true, this would mean that government officials who were involved in ordering these gun running operations are also guilty of treason and are as evil as the Iranian terrorists that Eric Holder seems to be using as a screen for an embarrassingly disastrous program he now owns. It’s a scandal that is increasingly looking worse and worse. If the allegations are proven true, it will be a dark day for American history, having confirmed that such a high-level government official has deliberately against the country’s own interests.