Big online ticket seller Fandango called this contest early when it reported that sleeper Think Like A Man based on the bestselling book by TV/radio comedian Steve Harvey was its top-selling movie — representing a healthy 42% of Thursday’s sales. This Screen Gems/Sony Pictures’ urban comedy aimed squarely at African-Americans ages 13 to 49 is playing in only 2,017 locations. But it’s looking like $12M for today and an unexpectedly large $30M for the weekend with an ‘A’ CinemaScore from audiences[.] ...
Warner Bros’ romantic drama from Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One starring Zac Efron, is looking like $9.0M today to overperform for $25M weekend playing in 3,115 theaters. It received a ‘B+’ CinemaScore from audiences. ...
1. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) NEW [2,015 Theaters] PG13
Friday $12.0M, Weekend $30.0M
2. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) NEW [3,155 Theaters] PG13
Friday $9.0M, Weekend $25M
3. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 5 [3,752 Theaters] PG13
Friday $3.8M, Weekend $13.1M, Cume $355.6M
4. Chimpanzee (DisneyNature) NEW [1,563 Theaters]
Friday $3.4M, Weekend $10.5M
5. The Three Stooges (Fox) Week 2 [3,482 Theater] PG
Friday $2.4M (-56%), Weekend $8.4M, Cume $28.5M