Last weekend saw Sensei's call streak vanish with 'Finding Nemo's' opening.
Did any commentators here best the Sensei? Surprisingly no. This time
around marks the return of film icons, comic enforcers, and Hollywood's
best young starlet.
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows.
1. "Trouble With The Curve" ($17 Million) - Clint
Eastwood is on track for another top opening. This film taps right into
the audience that drove 'Gran Torino' to box office success. His
appearance at the RNC Convention will only help bring in additional
2. "House at the End of the Street" ($15 million) -
Jennifer Lawrence is easily Hollywood's best young starlet and will
continue to shine with this mid-level opening. With future 'Hunger
Games' sequels now shooting, the future only gets brighter for her.
3. "Dredd 3D" ($11.5 million) - Film is pulling
surprisingly positive critical reviews. This project should have opened
in the Summer (or even August), either would have been better than this
September box office death date in the wake of 'Resident Evil:
Retribution.' Film will make the most of the bad date.
4. "Finding Nemo 3D" ($10 Million) - Family audiences
will settle in, but don't expect anywhere near 'The Lion King 3D'
domestic results after last week's less than expected opening.
5. "End Of Watch" ($9.4 Million) - Look for this film to be vastly overshadowed, and further done in by its lack of star power.
That's the calls from Sensei. Enjoy the weekend.