I have a relative in town, from Russia. She took the subway from the airport to our apartment.
A deranged man got on, doing what deranged men do.
She said to my wife, “what is he doing in here?”
In the United States, you – as a deranged man – have a right to wander the streets, the subways, and scare the crap out of people. And perhaps put your life, and theirs, in danger.
For some reason, we call that compassionate.
However, forcing them into psychiatric wards, is seen as cruel.
And where does this philosophy of total tolerance lead us?
To horrible stories in the paper today – about this poor student, minding her own business.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Boehner expresses doubts about reaching nuke deal with Iran, vows sanctions if effort fails29 Mar 2015, 2:03 PM PDT
- Justice Department asked to prosecute Hamas for Violating US law29 Mar 2015, 11:57 AM PDT
- Potential 2016 candidate O'Malley rips Bush, Clinton, says presidency 'not some crown' 29 Mar 2015, 10:30 AM PDT
- Pence: Indiana law on religious freedom 'not about discrimination ... not going to change'29 Mar 2015, 8:25 AM PDT
- Fiorina says there's 'higher than 90 percent' chance she’s running in 201629 Mar 2015, 7:40 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Florida city ponders spring break restrictions after 7 wounded in house party shooting30 Mar 2015, 12:15 AM PDT
- Carter considers easing US military enlistment standards; seeks better recruiting, retention29 Mar 2015, 9:02 PM PDT
- Off-duty, undercover Los Angeles officer shot at in suburban neighborhood; 1 suspect detained29 Mar 2015, 7:52 PM PDT
- UC Berkeley student missing after leaving Los Angeles party 29 Mar 2015, 7:04 PM PDT
- UC Berkeley student goes missing in Los Angeles after leaving a party near USC29 Mar 2015, 5:51 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Westbrook helps Thunder rally past Suns29 Mar 2015, 9:25 PM PDT
- South Carolina tops Florida State to reach women's Final Four29 Mar 2015, 9:24 PM PDT
- Ducks win another one-goal game29 Mar 2015, 8:45 PM PDT
- Pacers hold off Mavericks29 Mar 2015, 8:44 PM PDT
- Clippers dominate Celtics29 Mar 2015, 8:42 PM PDT