In an interview set to air on Friday night with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria, Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton denied his studio had “caved” in cancelling the opening of “The Interview.”
“The president, the press, and the public are mistaken as to what actually happened,” Lynton said. “We do not own movie theaters. We cannot determine whether or not a movie will be played in movie theaters.”
Lynton’s remarks came as earlier in the day, President Barack Obama had said Sony had made mistake in canceling the release.
“We have not caved,” he added. “We have not given in. We have preserved and we have not backed down. We have had every desire for the American public to see this movie.”
Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor