HOUSTON, Texas – A DPS report leaked February 24th warns that “Deported criminal aliens too often exploit the porous border and return to Texas to commit additional crimes.” Spencer Golvach is a victim of one of those crimes. He was
HOUSTON, Texas – A grieving Texas father told Breitbart Texas, "my son is dead because the concept of borders is dead." Spencer Golvach was senselessly murdered by an illegal alien who had been deported a number of times after being convicted of committing crimes, including as law enforcement officers now tell us, crimes of violence. Golvach was shot in the head on January 31st while sitting in his car waiting for a stoplight to change. Golvach’s father said he wants the “boomerang” of deportation and illegal reentry into the country to be stopped.
The criminal trial for a Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) worker is set to start this week. The CPS worker has been charged with official oppression for subjecting a person under CPS investigation “to search and seizure that the defendant knew as unlawful.” Criminal charges against CPS employees related to their actions in child protective services cases are rare.
A federal judge appointed by President Obama has blocked detainment of Central American women and children on the U.S.-Mexico border who allege they are seeking asylum. The judge enjoined the government “from detaining class members for the purpose of deterring future immigration to the United States and from considering deterrence of such immigration as a factor in such custody determinations.”
‘Special Immigrant Juvenile Status': Texas Democrat Files Bill to Mandate Education Materials for Judges
Democrat Texas State Representative Ana Hernandez (D-Houston), has filed a bill that would require a Texas Supreme Court committee to develop an educational guide that would assist judges in determining which children are eligible for “special immigrant juvenile status" (“SIJS”). Federal law gives special protections to eligible unaccompanied immigrant children (“UACs”) who have entered the country illegally.
HOUSTON, Texas – An arrest was announced at 6 p.m. Monday night at the Houston Fire Department Arson Headquarters in connection with the February 13th Quba Islamic Institute fire. Darryl Ferguson, age 55 of Houston, has been charged with arson.
A District Attorney's Office in Texas is facing multiple accusations of intentionally withholding favorable evidence from defendants, and the accusations could have major impacts on at least two cases. In the first, a former Nueces County prosecutor filed suit against the Nueces County District Attorney in mid-December claiming he was fired for refusing to withhold favorable evidence from the criminal defense. Then, late last month, defense lawyers for Hannah Overton urged visiting Judge Mario Ramirez Jr., of Edinburg, to drop the murder charge because the prosecutor in the 2007 trial intentionally withheld evidence that would have proved Overton’s innocence.
A bipartisan delegation of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee (HSGAC) was at Anzalduras Park on the Rio Grande border on Saturday. Breitbart Texas was there when Chairman Ron Johnson (R-WI), ranking member Tom Carper (D-DE), and committee member Ben Sasse (R-NE), finished their Rio Grande tour of the war-torn region near Reynosa and Matamoros.
In a case watched by journalists and legal bloggers all over the United States, the Supreme Court of Texas has been petitioned to reconsider its decision not to hear a case involving the free press rights of a blog site.
The owners of a 4,680-square-foot home in Arlington, Texas, have been ordered to cease-and-desist holding swingers club parties in the residence. According to NBCDFW and the Arlington Star-Telegram, the owners say they are not embarrassed and will continue to have “like-minded friends” in their home, advertised in their website as “Eutopia.” They will fight the City’s efforts to stop their weekend parties.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Sledders defy police with 'sled-in' protest on Capitol Hill5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Majority of House members sign letter blasting Obama bullet ban proposal5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Federal judge shot, wounded in Detroit robbery attempt6 Mar 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Winter storm left motorists stranded on Kentucky interstates5 Mar 2015, 11:08 PM PDT
- Truck driver fell asleep before colliding with car, school bus in Washington, officials say5 Mar 2015, 10:35 PM PDT
- Crude oil freight train derails in Illinois, no injuries reported5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Protesters at US Air Force base in southern Nevada calling for stop to drone strikes abroad5 Mar 2015, 7:32 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Coyotes edge Canucks in shootout5 Mar 2015, 10:23 PM PDT
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:10 PM PDT
- '15 Season Preview: D.C. United eye Cup run5 Mar 2015, 10:01 PM PDT
- Arizona crushes Cal, claims Pac-12 outright crown5 Mar 2015, 9:51 PM PDT