The “Future of Texas” inaugural black tie ball was held in the Austin Convention Center on the eve of the inauguration of Governor Greg Abbott and Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick. The inauguration was the first for a new governor in more than 14 years. Breitbart Texas was there to memorialize this glamorous event attended by an estimated 10,000 guests. The Texas Inauguration 2015 motif was used throughout the ballroom and it proclaimed “Even the future is bigger in Texas.” Those who attended the gala were filled with Texas-sized pride.
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Stuart W. Bowen, Jr. as Inspector General for the plagued Texas Health and Human Services Commission. The previous Inspector General stepped down on December 31st when Governor Rick Perry asked him to do so. The state agency has been in the midst of a controversy relative to an alleged no-bid contract given 21CT. State and federal probes have been initiated.
An estimated seventeen thousand Texans poured out to the west lawn of the State Capital to celebrate the inauguration of Governor Greg Abbott and Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick. Spirits were high, and the stars were all aligned. The weather and barbecue could not have been better to celebrate the inauguration.
HOUSTON, Texas – Christine Weick was in Houston with others protesting the Stand with the Prophet event on Sunday. Weick told Breitbart Texas “churches need to wake up, and America needs to wake up.” She and the other protestors were fearful that unless something changes “[America] is going to be in big trouble.”
HOUSTON, Texas – Nine thousand workers are set to be laid off by Texas-based oil giant Schlumberger. The oil tool services company said it must fire 9,000 workers because of plummeting crude oil prices and a slow-down in 2015 production and exploration. The employee reduction comprises about 7.5 percent of the company’s 120,000 global labor force.
HOUSTON, Texas – Congressman Louie Gohmert was greeted to a war hero’s welcome by Tea Party Patriots in Houston on Saturday. The grassroots training meeting was planned before this week’s historic House of Representatives Speaker’s vote and Gohmert had agreed to be the keynote speaker. Gohmert received three standing ovations, one lasting over a minute long.
A Dallas County, Texas Assistant District Attorney has been arrested for alleged drunk driving. A sworn statement by officers said the prosecutor called the officers racist and members of the Ku Klux Klan. He is also accused of calling a supervising black officer an “Uncle Tom.”
HOUSTON, Texas — Congressman Ted Poe (R-Houston) was on AM 1070 The Answer with radio host Sam Malone to discuss the U.S. House of Representatives Speaker’s race. He told Malone “I have not decided [on the Speaker’s race], if I had, I would tell you Sam.”
Kathy Taylor, mother of six who was diagnosed with melanoma when pregnant but refused treatment, has died. Her husband, Nathan Taylor, posted his appreciation today to those who supported the family. His blog post on www.KathysMiracle.com said “Kathy’s desire was to make it past Christmas, for the kids.” He called her a “Woman of unwavering faith.”
HOUSTON, Texas – Elected officials all over the State were sworn-in January 1st. The message that County Judge Ed Emmett gave to Harris County elected officials at the Houston ceremony is one for all elected officials in the state. His lesson was one of humility, service to community, and joy while serving.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Obama administration asks Congress for enhanced trade-deal authority27 Jan 2015, 9:53 AM PDT
- Senate Dems back down on Iran, say won’t support sanctions bill yet27 Jan 2015, 9:42 AM PDT
- End of extended unemployment benefits credited for job surge27 Jan 2015, 8:05 AM PDT
- Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, ex-military intel officer says27 Jan 2015, 6:19 AM PDT
- Panning Palin: Why conservative media are dismissing her 2016 prospects27 Jan 2015, 3:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Florida woman accused of drowning puppy in airport toilet27 Jan 2015, 10:10 AM PDT
- Historic gold nuggets stolen from Wells Fargo museum in San Francisco27 Jan 2015, 9:54 AM PDT
- Dow, S&P 500 slump on disappointing outlooks for companies, and lower orders for durable goods27 Jan 2015, 9:17 AM PDT
- Small plane safely lands in Pacific, using massive parachute27 Jan 2015, 8:40 AM PDT
- Civil rights-era arrests to be vacated for 9 men who integrated South Carolina lunch counter27 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Furman to face rugged 2015 schedule27 Jan 2015, 9:28 AM PDT
- Oilers welcome struggling Wild27 Jan 2015, 9:04 AM PDT
- Ducks hope to keep rolling in Vancouver27 Jan 2015, 9:04 AM PDT
- Preds aim to get back on track vs. Avs27 Jan 2015, 9:03 AM PDT
- Surprising Flames begin homestand vs. lowly Sabres27 Jan 2015, 9:03 AM PDT