One of Britain’s leading counter-terrorism experts has issued a stark warning over an imminent UK terror attack, stating that an incident could even take place in the next 24 hours.
Dr Afzal Ashraf told the Express that the timing of the attacks in Tunisia, France, and Kuwait may not have been coincidental, instead intentionally setup to mark the first anniversary of the establishment of the Islamic Caliphate by ISIS.
Speculation has been rife over the past 24 hours, with Britain’s anti-terror cops stepping up their efforts to thwart potential atrocities.
Dr Ashraf, a fellow at the Royal United Services Institute think tank in London said: “The timing of the atrocious attacks in Tunisia, France and Kuwait suggest that these events could have stemmed from the same motivation: to mark the first anniversary of the forming of the caliphate which will be on Monday.
“Friday was significant, as it was the last holy day before this anniversary. Instead of going to a mosque, the form of worship adopted by these people is to kill innocent people.
“And it is very likely IS will try to grab the headlines again in the next four or five days with another flurry of activity. This real risk will continue until the end of Ramadan, around July 19.”
Earlier this week Britain’s security services foiled an attack on a parade in London, with the help of the Sun newspaper.
Dr Ashraf has previously claims that ISIS may suffer from its own hubris, declaring war on other organisations such as the Taliban and Al Qaeda, while relying on propaganda, rather than actual military might, to create fear in the hearts of their regional opponents.