The Supreme Court of Sweden has dismissed a case denying the father of Ebba Akerlund, one of the victims of the 2017 Stockholm terror attack, an increased payment from convicted terrorist Rakhmat Akilov.
The court rejected the request from Stefan Akerlund according to a report from Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, with the court saying it did not find the case admissible.
Mr Akerlund is said to have demanded a total of 300,000 Swedish Krona (£24,610/$31,147) as compensation from the convicted terrorist for mental trauma suffered due to the loss of his daughter in the terror attack, an amount well above the 100,000 krona more than another judge had previously ordered Akilov to pay.
11-year-old Ebba Åkerlund became perhaps the best known female victim of the Stockholm terror attack as she was the youngest of the five who lost their lives in the attack.
Father of 11-Year-Old Terror Victim Ebba Akerlund to Sue Swedish Government https://t.co/4XmyMX1ViC
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) February 4, 2018
The father of the 11-year-old has previously demanded that the Swedish government thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding the attack in order to prevent similar attacks from occurring in the future.
“The fact that the Migration Board and the Police did not do their job and deport a person who was here illegally, resulted in my daughter losing her life which forever destroyed my own life,” Åkerlund said, noting that terrorist Akilov had been denied refugee status but had not been deported from the country.
Mr Åkerlund also revealed late last year in November, that the grave of his daughter had been repeatedly vandalised by an illegal immigrant saying on social media, “Since late March, he’s damaged Isabell’s tomb at Ebba’s cemetery so badly that her mother had to replace the headstone. About six weeks ago, Olof Palme’s headstone was totally destroyed by [candle wax] that won’t come off. Ebba’s tomb has been desecrated over 30 times.”