Homeschooling families in Connecticut are in the process of forming a parental rights coalition, as they reject the use of the Newtown shootings over two years ago as a vehicle to undermine the rights of parents to choose the venue for educating their children.
With conservative grassroots activists having educated parents, teachers, and lawmakers about the nature of the Common Core standards initiative, proponents of the education reform are desperate to bolster a possible presidential run for Jeb Bush, who was recently booed at CPAC by conservatives for being a champion of the now grossly unpopular plan.
Analysis of big issues in the 2014 mid-term elections reveals that Common Core was at the top of the search charts, according to Google Trends data.
By a vote of 77-16, the House of Delegates in West Virginia has overridden a veto by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (D) of a bill that would ban abortion past 20 weeks of pregnancy. The decision to override now heads to the state Senate.
Hillary Clinton is set to deliver the keynote speech at the 30th anniversary gala of pro-abortion PAC EMILY’s List in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday. She probably won't mention email, but will be preparing the ground for her expected presidential bid.
Prosecutors have charged a Plainville, Massachusetts teen with involuntary manslaughter for allegedly encouraging a friend to kill himself in a parking lot last July. The charge against Michelle Carter, now 18, reports the Boston Globe, claims she helped Conrad Roy
Hundreds of high school students in New Mexico walked out of school Monday on the day they were scheduled to begin taking the standardized tests that are aligned with the Common Core standards.
Former CNN anchor-turned education reform expert Campbell Brown recently attacked opponents of the Common Core standards and potential GOP presidential candidates who have flip-flopped on their views of the initiative. In a Washington Post column over the weekend, the founder
With the arrival of March, students in states throughout the country are scheduled to take tests to determine if they are keeping in step with the Common Core standards. A fair number of them, however, have been “opted out” of the assessments by their parents, leading school officials to respond in a variety of ways.
Among participants of a 2013 study by the pro-abortion rights Guttmacher Institute, however, rape was not listed at all among the reasons why women seek late-term abortions.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Sledders defy police with 'sled-in' protest on Capitol Hill5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Majority of House members sign letter blasting Obama bullet ban proposal5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Identity of Skid Row shooting victim released6 Mar 2015, 1:46 AM PDT
- New Jersey police officer investigated after crude dog posts on Facebook6 Mar 2015, 1:32 AM PDT
- Federal judge shot, wounded in Detroit robbery attempt6 Mar 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Lawyers set to select jury for Alabama woman's trial in girl's running death6 Mar 2015, 12:15 AM PDT
- 'Black Madam' accused in buttocks enhancement murder trial due back on witness stand5 Mar 2015, 11:45 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Unseasonably warm weather moves Iditarod route farther north6 Mar 2015, 12:38 AM PDT
- Ciganda fires 66 to share lead with Inbee Park after 2nd round of HSBC Women's Champions6 Mar 2015, 12:35 AM PDT
- Blazers' Matthews ruptures Achilles in win6 Mar 2015, 12:09 AM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules5 Mar 2015, 11:55 PM PDT
- Blazers cruise past Mavs5 Mar 2015, 11:54 PM PDT