Update: According to the White House press office, the Daily Beast report by a comedian who attended was incorrect when it claimed that President Obama met with 15 Muslim leaders. There were only 14, the White House claimed, which were all included in the list released Friday.
The White House finally revealed the list of American Muslim leaders who met with the president Wednesday, after the press office had repeatedly ignored requests.
The list, however, only includes fourteen names. The president was reported to have met with fifteen people.
The list is as follows:
- Bilqis “Qisi” Abdul-Qaadir, Director of Women’s Basketball Operations, Indiana State University
- Arshia Wajid, Founder, American Muslim Health Professionals
- Dean Obeidallah, Comedian, Dean of Comedy
- Kameelah Rashad, Founder of Muslim Wellness Foundation and Muslim Chaplain of University of Pennsylvania
- Diego Arancibia, Board Member and Associate Director, Ta’leef Collective
- Farhan Latif, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Policy Impact, Institute of Policy and Understanding
- Sherman Jackson, Professor of Religion and American Studies and Ethnicity, University of Southern California
- Azhar Azeez, President, Islamic Society of North America
- Farhana Khera, President, Muslim Advocates
- Rahat Hussain, President, Universal Muslim Association of America
- Hoda Hawa, National Policy Advisor, Muslim Public Affairs Council
- Maya Berry, Executive Director, Arab American Institute
- Imam Mohamed Magid, ADAMS Center
- Haroon Mokhtarzada, CEO, Webs
Editor’s note: Dean Obeidallah, the comedian who reported 15 attendees at the meeting at the Daily Beast, did not clarify his number when contradicted by the White House. Instead, Obeidallah had jokes for the reporter Mr. Spiering:
— Dean Obeidallah (@Deanofcomedy) February 6, 2015