- Necessary: ‘Can’t Stump the Trump’ Takes a Victory Lap
- Nixon to Trump: ‘Whenever You Decide to Run for Office You Will Be a Winner!’
- America on Edge: MoveOn Organizes Anti-Trump Protests Around Country
- Heat Street’s Louise Mensch Locks Her Twitter Account: ‘Stumped by Trump’
- AP: Donald Trump’s Midwestern Working-Class White Voters ‘Helped Anchor Democratic Presidential Victories for a Generation’
Louise Mensch, the former Conservative MP and founder of the News Corp-owned blog Heat Street, has made her Twitter account private after Donald Trump’s upset victory in Tuesday’s presidential election.
From the beginning, Mensch has been a staunch supporter of the #NeverTrump campaign, with a Twitter bio staunchly declaring that you “Can Stump The Trump.” Wikileaks revealed that she pitched ad campaign scripts to Hillary Clinton’s inner circle, and echoed the Democratic candidate’s attacks on Pepe the Frog. Mensch and Heat Street also showed strong support for Evan McMullin, the independent conservative candidate who tried to spoil Trump’s chances in Utah.
However, after the results had come in, Mensch began to break down. An archive of her account from around 9AM UTC shows tweets of her claiming that an “FBI coup” pushed Trump into office, even though he was a “racist, Russian spy.”
Her bio now reads “Stumped by Trump.”