Vice President Joe Biden wrapped up his California visit on Friday by telling doctors that the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, had "ended the debate" about whether health care is a privilege or a right, according to the Orange County Register.
On Friday, White House spokesperson said that President Barack Obama would not meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits Washington, D.C. in March due to a policy of not meeting with foreign leaders prior to their election campaigns, "to avoid the appearance of influencing a democratic election in a foreign country." However, that excuse proves empty against the historical record, as Bill Clinton met then-Prime Minister Shimon Peres in 1996.
Vice President Joe Biden told students at West Los Angeles College on Friday that President Barack Obama’s plan to offer “free” community college would prepare young Americans to compete for opportunities in the global economy. “The rest of the world is catching
J Street, a George Soros-funded, far-left organization that styles itself as "pro-Israel" but spends its energy opposing Israeli policies, is trying to stop Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from addressing Congress in a special session in March.
"I am not here to make the case for war. I am not even here to make the case for new sanctions. You know it well enough. On both sides of the aisle, you have leaders who can speak more powerfully than I about why more pressure is needed, after a year of fruitless talks. No—I am here to ask merely that America be what America is: the leader of the free world."
A new study by the RAND Corporation has found that Americans are increasingly likely to work while on vacation--and that Republicans are 37.5% more likely to work on vacation than Democrats, even when controlling for all other factors.
President Barack Obama took his State of the Union on the road yesterday, telling college students in Boise, ID that he will make two years of college "free" and "universal." What he did not tell them, however, is that he wants to tax 529 savings plans to pay for those two free years of community college--which are already free anyway for poor students, under federal grants.
Israel's Army Radio, via the Jerusalem Post, reports that local sources claim U.S. President Barack Obama arranged the leak of a Mossad report on the Iran nuclear talks as an act of revenge against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for agreeing to speak to Congress in February about radical Islam and the Iranian threat. The Mossad report allegedly suggests new sanctions would cause talks to collapse, and its release is calculated to suggest disagreement with Netanyahu.
Speaker of the House John Boehner announced Wednesday morning that he would invite Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint meeting of Congress on Feb. 11. "In this time of challenge, I am asking the Prime Minister to address Congress on the grave threats radical Islam and Iran pose to our security and way of life," Boehner said in a press statement. The timing suits Netanyahu perfectly, as it comes five weeks before Israelis will go to the polls on March 17.
In his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama repeated his threat from last year's address to veto any new Iran sanctions passed by Congress. He also claimed that Iran's nuclear program had been stalled, and pledged to reach a deal by the end of the year. The language was almost the same as he used in 2014, though he failed to stop Iran's nuclear program or to reach a deal over the past year, and in fact extended talks twice past the original deadline agreed one year ago today.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Grassley to hospitals: Explain why you’re suing low-income patients25 Jan 2015, 9:43 AM PDT
- White House Chief of Staff McDonough defends Obama on taxes, Israel, terrorism and Yemen25 Jan 2015, 8:29 AM PDT
- GOP battle lines drawn for budding 2016 presidential race, after Iowa summit 25 Jan 2015, 5:48 AM PDT
- Palin rips Michael Moore, PETA at Iowa summit25 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Obama's trip to India signals growing relations between two countries25 Jan 2015, 12:44 AM PDT
Fox News National
- National NAACP leader visits Colorado Springs to urge action in wake of bombing attempt25 Jan 2015, 9:17 AM PDT
- Trouble in New Orleans: Crime on rise in Quarter, police ranks depleted and Mardi Gras is here25 Jan 2015, 9:02 AM PDT
- Opening statements expected soon in murder trial of ex-New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez25 Jan 2015, 9:01 AM PDT
- TSA seizes record number of guns from 2014 air travelers, including 94-year-old 25 Jan 2015, 8:17 AM PDT
- Major Commissary Cuts, Price Increases Put in Draft Budget Proposal25 Jan 2015, 8:13 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Ajax held to draw by Feyenoord25 Jan 2015, 10:43 AM PDT
- Action Express makes up laps, sets up stirring finish in final hours of Rolex 24 at Daytona25 Jan 2015, 9:10 AM PDT
- Raptors return home to face Pistons25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Rivals meet in ACC affair25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
- Spurs resume homestand versus Bucks25 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT