On Monday Darcie Johnston, head of Vermonters for Health Care Freedom, told Breitbart News that Gruber may have a "phantom billing" problem. It centers around whether Gruber actually paid $80,000 to assistants. In addition to the state of Vermont, the state of Minnesota, the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee have confirmed and the Inspector General's Office of the Department of Health and Human Services is considering conducting inquiries into Gruber's billing practices and consulting contracts.
The odds that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber may face charges for padding invoices are going up. Gruber has been paid $160,000 by the state of Vermont, $80,000 of which is for 800 hours of work he claimed in an invoice was performed by unnamed research assistants. But so far Gruber has failed to provide evidence that these research assistants actually exist and did in fact perform work under the contract.
New Hampshire state legislators are considering two bills—one in the House, the other in the state Senate—that “would allow individuals and some businesses to purchase health insurance from out-of-state companies.”
Jessica Vaughan, Director of Policy at the Center Immigration Studies calls the border security bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX) that will be considered by the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday "an empty green suit." Vaughan noted that McCaul's bill, "proposes to spend $10 billion of taxpayer money without ensuring that a single illegal alien will be sent home."
Sold out Tea Party events in South Carolina this weekend and Iowa next weekend demonstrate that the conservative grassroots are prepared to put the time and money needed to back a limited government candidate who can win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016. Cruz once again called for the abolition of the Internal Revenue Service, a call that was also made by Dr. Carson. Carson, who said tax reform was critical, noted that he would support either a fair tax or a flat tax.
Speaker of the House John Boehner has rewarded Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of the most well known candidates who challenged him in his successful effort to be re-elected Speaker, with a powerful Subcommittee Chairmanship.
Subcommittee Chairman Sean Duffy Confirms Congressional Hearings Will be Held on Operation Choke Point
Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) confirms that Congress will hold hearings on Operation Choke Point in February. Sources tell Breitbart News that Representative Duffy may not be the only Congressional committee chairman who will hold hearings on the Obama administration's controversial Operation Choke Point.
Operation Choke Point: US Consumer Coalition Scoffs as Credit Union Denies Feds Forced It to Shut Down Gun Dealer’s Bank Account
The President of Heritage Credit Union is denying that the National Credit Union Administration forced it to shut down a Wisconsin gun dealer's bank account. But Brian Wise, senior adviser to the United States Consumer Coalition, says the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the National Credit Union Administration and the Obama administration's Operation Choke Point.
A gun dealer in Hawkins, Wisconsin says the federal government forced the Heritage Credit Union to close his recently opened bank account because he's in the business of legally selling guns. The United States Consumer Coalition calls this just the latest example of the extralegal overreach of Operation Choke Point, the Obama administration's effort to put industries it doesn't like--especially gun dealers and pay day lenders--out of business.
A group of conservatives who reflect a broad spectrum of the Republican Party are holding a news conference Tuesday morning on Capitol Hill to caution Congress against passing the current version of proposed Trade Promotion Authority "fast track" legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently confirmed that the TPA bill would cede more Congressional power to President Obama.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Walker forms political committee, says he's 'very interested' in 2016 bid28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York Assembly Speaker to leave post amid corruption charges28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Senate to start AG confirmation hearings on Lynch, with immigration, IRS questions expected28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York, New Jersey governors defend actions after blizzard's big miss27 Jan 2015, 11:19 PM PDT
- Ex-military intel officer says White House delaying announcement of Bergdahl desertion charge27 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Police say Utah family found dead last fall overdosed on drugs, parents feared apocalypse28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Texas court grants reprieve to inmate due to die Wednesday28 Jan 2015, 12:52 AM PDT
- Ex-Los Alamos scientist accused of offering to make Venezuela a nuclear weapon to be sentenced28 Jan 2015, 12:30 AM PDT
- Georgia executes man for killing fellow inmate despite mental disability claim27 Jan 2015, 11:57 PM PDT
- Family says Utah parents who killed themselves and their 3 children showed troubling signs27 Jan 2015, 11:32 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Bulls snap Warriors' 19-game home winning streak28 Jan 2015, 12:01 AM PDT
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules27 Jan 2015, 11:54 PM PDT
- Wall's near triple-double lifts Wizards over Lakers27 Jan 2015, 11:37 PM PDT
- Wawrinka straight-sets Nishikori in Aussie quarters27 Jan 2015, 11:21 PM PDT
- Andersen, Ducks blank Canucks27 Jan 2015, 11:21 PM PDT