On Friday, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump’s campaign released the “Top 50 Facts about Hillary Clinton” that Trump detailed in his speech last Wednesday. Each assertion the Trump campaign lists is presented with government reports and/or media reports.
After Breitbart’s review, the 49 allegations, as number 11 was omitted in press release, listed by the Trump campaign mostly relate to Clinton’s involvement in “disastrous” trade deals for the United States as well as questionable decisions and interactions with foreign affairs — especially criticizing her decisions and involvement with interventions in the Middle East.
Below is the list of 49 facts presented by the Trump campaign and a brief summary of the details reviewed by Breitbart News, which were noted in the 35-page press release that can be read in more detail here:
1. “Clinton Trade Deals ‘Are Disastrous’”
Trump’s campaign argues the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) — which was enacted by President Bill Clinton — and the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), which is currently awaiting a vote in Congress and had support from Hillary Clinton, cause mass job losses in the United States — especially in the manufacturing industry.
2. “Clinton Lied About Her Landing In Bosnia”
In 2008, First Lady Hillary Clinton recalled a 1996 trip as First Lady to Bosnia. She was supposed to meet with families of U.S. soldier, but claimed upon landing she was under sniper fire and had to run with her head down instead of attending a greeting ceremony. An Associated Press report from 1996 detailing the eve of her arrival, however, made no mention of this incident. In fact, a CBS News video later revealed she was under no visible duress, greeted instead on the tarmac by a child who offered her a copy of a poem.
3. “Clinton Performed Favors for Donors As Secretary Of State”
Trump argues Clinton has used the Clinton Foundation as a way to fundraise where donors can gain access to political favors. He cites Raj Fernando who donated between $1 million and $5 million and was appointed as International Security Advisor to the State Department by Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s chief of staff.
He also details favors given to foreign leaders and Clinton Foundation donors such as the Sultan of Oman, Indian politician Amar Singh, and Russian’s Uranium One.
4. “The Clintons Made Millions From Speeches To Special Interests”
Trump hit Clinton over her big money speeches to Wall Street — something her Democratic challenger Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) also would use to criticize her during the 2016 Democratic primary, specifically for not releasing the transcripts of the secret speeches.
The Clintons made $153 million since 2011 giving speeches to special interests such as foreign governments, CEOs and lobbyists.
5. “Clinton Supported Her Husband’s ‘Disastrous’ NAFTA Policy”
As First Lady and again in 2003, Clinton praised NAFTA in her book; however, the Economic Policy Institute blames NAFTA for a loss of 700,000 jobs as of 2010.
6. “Clinton Supported China’s Entrance Into The WTO”
Trump’s campaign cites a television appearance on CNN in 2000 where Clinton says normalizing trade relations would allow U.S. companies to compete with China.
“I think it is in the interests of America and American workers that we provide the option for China to go into the WTO,” Clinton stated. “Right now, we are trading with China. We have a huge trade deficit with China. The agreement that has been negotiated between our two countries would open their markets to us in a way that they are not yet open, and in fact, for many large manufactured products, like automobiles, we would have the first chance to really get in and compete in that marketplace.”
7. “Since Hillary-Backed Trade Agreements Adoped Nearly 1/3 Of Americas Manufacturing Jobs Have Disappeared”
Trump argues that because of China’s entrance into the WTO in 2001, by 2013 the trade deficit with China skyrocketed and 3.2 million U.S. jobs were lost.
8. “The Trade Deficit With China Soared Under Clinton As Secretary Of State”
Trump says America’s trade deficit with China increased 40 percent while Clinton was Secretary of State.
9. “China Stole Hundreds Of Billions Of Dollars In Intellectual Property During Clinton Tenure At State”
Trump’s campaign points to a 2013 report by the Independent Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property, which revealed that the U.S. lost $300 billion annually from American intellectual property (IP) rights having been stolen.
10. “Clinton Gave China Millions Of Jobs And Grew Rich In Return”
According to the Economic Policy Institute, after the U.S. normalized trade relations with China — as Clinton supported — 3.2 million U.S. jobs were displaced. Trump also points to a Washington Post article detailing how Bill Clinton received $56.3 million from speeches delivered in foreign countries including China.
11. “The Clintons Profited From Speeches To Chinese Interests While She Was Negotiating With China”
Trump cited Breitbart News editor Peter Schweizer’s book Clinton Cash during his speech, reading, “Here is a quote from the book, ‘at the center of U.S. Policy toward China was Hillary Clinton. At this critical time for U.S.- China relations, Bill Clinton gave a number of speeches that were underwritten by the Chinese government and its supporters. These funds were paid to the Clintons’ bank account directly, while Hillary was negotiating with China on behalf of the United States.’”
12. “Clinton Supported TPP Which Will Destroy Jobs”
Bloomberg reports that during her time as Secretary of State, Clinton helped draft the TPP trade deal and CNN notes that she delivered at least 45 public speeches supporting the deal. The Economic Policy Institute believes the TPP — which is a trade pact involving 11 nations — will eliminate more than 2 million jobs in the United States.
13. “Clinton Deleted The TPP Record From Her Book And 30,000 Emails”
According to the Trump campaign, in Clinton’s memoir Hard Choices, she wrote favorably in support of the TPP and about her hard work negotiating the deal during her time as Secretary of State, but according to The International Business Times, a recent paperback edition of Hard Choices omitted her earlier TPP reference.
Adding to the action of deleting information, Trump also cites Clinton’s private, personal email server where she conducted her business as Secretary of State and how she deleted, wiping the server clean, of her emails.
14. “Clinton Will Adopt TPP”
“This is the latest Clinton cover-up and it doesn’t change anything. If she is elected president, she will adopt the Trans- Pacific Partnership and we will lose millions of jobs and our economic independence for good,” Trump challenged in his speech.
15. “Clinton Will Betray Workers On Trade”
Trump cites Clinton’s flip flop on the TPP, the Korea Deal and the Columbia Deal to reveal her inconsistency on international trade.
16. “Clinton’s Foreign Policy Has Cost Americans Thousands Of Lives, Trillions Of Dollars, and Unleashed ISIS Across The World”
On this assertion, Trump points to Clinton’s original vote to support the war in Iraq, but then subsequent support of President Obama’s plan to withdraw forces — citing a Reuters report that Operation Iraqi Freedom cost trillions in taxpayer dollars. Trump also questions Clinton’s decision on how to handle ISIS and her intervention into Libya.
17. “Among Clinton’s Victims Was Ambassador Chris Stevens”
Trump blasted Clinton over the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya where four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, were murdered after the State Department — under Clinton’s watch — denied numerous requests for increased security.
18. “Clinton Was At Home Sleeping While Attacks In Benghazi Continued”
“He was left helpless to die as Hillary Clinton soundly slept in her bed. That’s right. When the phone rang, as per the commercial, at three o’clock in the morning, Hillary Clinton was sleeping,” Trump stated during his speech, pointing to a report from FactCheck.org that revealed Clinton said she decided to leave the State Department and work from home the night of the Benghazi attack.
19. “Ambassador Stevens And His Staff In Libya Made Hundreds Of Requests For Increased Security And Were Denied”
The State Department denied numbers of requests for additional security in Benghazi during the months leading up to the attack.
20. “Clinton Lied About A Video Causing The Deaths Of Americans In Benghazi”
Trump cites Clintons remarks on September 12, 2012 over the deaths in Benghazi, where she blamed the attack on a YouTube video. However, the night of the attack, Clinton emailed her daughter Chelsea Clinton and said the attack came from an “Al Qaeda-Like group,” according to NBC News.
Additionally, according to a State Department release, Clinton reportedly told the Egyptian Prime Minister that the attack in Benghazi “had nothing to do with the film” but rather “was a planned attack — not a protest.”
21. “In Four Years Clinton Managed To Single Handedly Destabilize The Middle East And Hand Over Libya To ISIS”
Trump criticized Clinton for intervening in Libya without resolving how the country would be governed after Gaddafi was removed, and points to ISIS increasing its presence in Libya following the intervention.
22. “Iran Is Now The Dominant Islamic Power In The Middle East And Is On The Road To A Nuclear Weapon, Thanks To Clinton”
Trump expresses criticism over Clinton’s support of the Iran deal, where the U.S. is giving billions to Iran and allowing sanctions relief where its economy could revitalize.
23. “Hillary Has Supported Regime Change In Syria, Leading To One Of The Bloodiest Civil Wars And Giving ISIS A Launching Pad To The West”
Trump argues that Clinton’s support of a regime change in Syria resulted in ISIS obtaining territory gains.
24. “Clinton Helped Force Out A Friendly Regime In Egypt”
Trump argued, “She helped force out a friendly regime in Egypt and replace it with the radical Muslim Brotherhood. The Egyptian military has retaken control, but Clinton has opened the Pandora’s box of radical Islam.”
25. “Clinton’s Announced-Timetable for Withdrawal from Iraq Allowed ISIS to Rush In and Fill The Void”
The Trump campaign lists several news headlines where the Obama administration stated their plan for withdrawal, providing dates and as a result, “American and Iraqi analysts said the Qaeda franchise is shifting its tactics and strategies – like attacking Iraqi security forces in small squads – to exploit gaps left by the departing American troops and to try to reignite sectarian violence in the country,” according to The New York Times in 2011.
26. “Clinton Learned Nothing From Iraq”
Trump argues the lessons from Iraq were ignored by Clinton, who, once she became Secretary of State, pushed the intervention into Libya, citing French Ambassador Gerard Araud who said, “It was the same mistake you made in Iraq” in reference to Libya.
27. “Clinton Refuses To Acknowledge The Threat Posed By Radical Islam”
Trump took a swipe at Clinton, as he has Obama, for not identifying terrorism as “radical Islam.”
28. “Clinton Supports A 550% Increase In Syrian Refugees”
Trump points to an appearance on CBS’s Face the Nation, where Clinton said she thinks Obama’s plan to allow 10,000 Syrian refugees into the U.S. wasn’t enough. “Look, we’re facing the worst refugee crisis since the end of World War II, and I think the United States has to do more, and I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in,” stated Clinton.
29. “Hundreds Of Immigrants And Their Children Have Been Recently Charged With Terrorism”
Trump cites a Fox News report that revealed Congressional data suggests hundreds of terror plans in the U.S. were stopped since September 11, 2001, and “at least 380 were foreign-born.”
30. “Clinton Policy Is Motivated By 1,000 Foreign Donations That Weren’t Disclosed With The State Department”
Trump points to a 2015 report by Ken Silverstein in Harper’s Magazine which notes, “The Clinton Foundation is a professionally structured money-laundering operation.”
31. “Bill Clinton Was Paid $750,000 From A Telecom Company Facing State Department Sanctions While Hillary Was Secretary of State, And Was Subsequently Spared”
The Trump campaign cites the book Clinton Cash, detailing the Swedish Telecom Giant Ericsson that came under pressure from the United States for selling equipment to oppressive governments that would allegedly use the equipment to control their people.
32. “Clinton’s State Department Approved The Transfer of 20% Of America’s Uranium Holdings To Russia, While Investors Funneled $145 Million To The Clinton Foundation”
Trump again references Clinton Cash, which reveals a connection between the United State’s uranium holdings with Russia’s Uranium One to $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation.
33. “Hillary Clinton Appointed A Top Donor To A Sensitive National Security Board, Despite His Having No Credentials”
Trump argues that Rajiv Fernando, who donated between $1 million and $5 million to the Clinton Foundation, was appointed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to the International Security Board although he didn’t have international security credentials, according to ABC News. The Washington Examiner reported that the State Department under Clinton’s watch then rushed top secret security clearance for Fernando.
34. “Clinton Accepted Gifts From The Government Of Brunei As Secretary Of State As Brunei Pushed Sharia Law”
“Hillary Clinton accepted $58,000 in jewelry from the government of Brunei when she was Secretary of State – plus millions more for her foundation. The Sultan of Brunei has pushed oppressive Sharia law, including the punishment of death by stoning for being gay. The government of Brunei also stands to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Hillary’s Trans-Pacific Partnership, which she would absolutely approve if given the chance,” Trump alleged in his speech, citing donations to the Clinton Foundation and investigative reports from The Washington Free Beacon.
35. “Hillary Took $25 Million From Saudi Araba, Where Being LGBT Is Punishable By Death”
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia donated more than $10 million dollars to the Clinton Foundation. Homosexuals are legally stoned to death in Saudi Arabia and women in Saudi Arabia are violently discriminated against.
36. “Hillary Took Millions From Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, And Other Countries That Abuse Women And The LGBT Community”
Trump argues that the State of Kuwait, which was cited by the State Department in 2012 for Human Rights problems, donated at least $5 million to the Clinton Foundation.
Both Oman and Qatar, which were also noted by the State Department for Human Rights practices against women, donated at least $1 million to the Clinton Foundation.
37. “Clinton Illegally Used A Private Email Server While At The State Department”
Trump cites 2005 State Department regulations that prohibited the use of a private, personal email server for government business to support his allegation that Clinton’s conduct as Secretary of State where she used a private email server was illegal.
38. “Clinton’s Emails Were Easily Hacked By Foreign Governments”
In this allegation, Trump cites an Associated Press report titled, “Clinton Server’s Software Had Hacking Risk,” which notes, “Two such hacking ‘scans’ occurred in 2012 from a Serbian computer looking for accessible doors or ‘ports’ into the server.”
Fox News has reported about a Romanian hacker who claims he hacked Clinton.
39. “Clinton Deleted 33,000 Emails”
Trump cites Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton, who in an interview with The Hill, said, “She didn’t want to be held accountable for her conduct in office.” The Hill reported, “Fitton told The Hill that he expects the government will eventually review the approximately 30,000 emails that Clinton claimed to have deleted from her server because they were personal in nature.”
40.”Clinton’s Private Emails Could Be Used as A Blackmail File for Foreign Governments”
In this assertion, Trump cites Forbes’ Paul Roderick Gregory, who reported in 2016 the Russian Intelligence Community supposedly knew about Clinton’s private server since 2013.
41. “Clinton Will Pursue An Open Borders Policy”
Trump points to Clinton’s own immigration plan on her website as well as a Vanity Fair article noting, “In short, under Clinton’s policy, if you manage to sneak across the border illegally and make it into a city, you won’t be removed. You could call that open borders, except it’s messier. It’s more like a free-for-all.”
42. “Minorities Will Be Hurt Most From Clinton’s Policies”
Trump argues Clinton’s plan to resettle foreign refugees into the U.S. will cost billions of dollars and that increased immigration will hurt American workers’ wages. He also notes the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ data that shows a record high unemployment rate for both African Americans and Hispanics.
43. “Sergeant Mendoza Brendam Died Because Of The Immigration Policies Supported By Hillary Clinton”
Trump argues that open border policies, which Clinton supports, result in crimes such as the murder of Sergeant Mendoza Brendam by an illegal immigrant who had previously been charged with other crimes in Colorado, but was never deported.
44. “For The Amount Of Money Hillary Clinton Wants To Spend On Refugees, We Could Rebuild Every Inner-City In America”
Trump, citing a Breitbart News article, says the cost of resettling 10,000 refugees is $6.5 billion dollars, which brings Clinton’s plans into the hundreds of billions, when taking into account lifetime benefits.
45. “Clinton’s Immigration Agenda Will Keep Them Poor, Unemployed Americans Out Of Work, And Hurt Minorities”
Trump cites the Center for Immigration Studies, which reports immigration lowers American workers’ wages by roughly $400 billion.
46. “Clinton Will Appoint Judges Who Will Abolish The 2nd Amendment”
Trump challenges that if elected president, Clinton will appoint liberal activist judges who would support gun control measures. He cites her previous statement that Australia’s gun ban program was “worth considering” in America.
47. “ObamaCare Is A Job-Killing Disaster”
On this assertion, Trump cites a Joint Committee on Taxation report and the Congressional Budget Office noting that the Affordable Care Act implements $859.7 billion in taxes on small businesses and innovation, as well as investments.
48. “Real Wages Haven’t Increased For America Workers”
Trump argues that when considering inflation, a 2014 Pew Research Center Analysis showed, “Today’s Average Hourly Wage Has Just About The Same Purchasing Power As It Did In 1979.”
49. “Clinton’s Regime of Taxation, Regulation, And Open Borders, Will Destroy Jobs And Drive Down Wages”
Trump argues that several reviews of Clinton’s tax plan by the Tax Foundation, a tax policy and research organization, suggest her plan would lower the size of the economy and drive down income. He also argues that according to the Center for Immigration Studies, illegal immigration lowers American workers’ wages by at least $99 billion each year.
Breitbart News reached out to Hillary Clinton’s campaign spokesperson Nick Merrill for a statement responding to the Trump campaign’s list of allegations presented in its Friday press release, but did not receive a response.