President Donald Trump completed two-thirds of the reforms proposed by the conservative Heritage Foundation faster than former President Ronald Reagan.
Thomas Binion, director of congressional and executive branch relations at the Heritage Foundation, revealed that President Trump already completed 64 percent of the Heritage’s blueprint known as the “Mandate for Leadership.”
The blueprint offers conservative options to reform the country.
At the same point in his presidency, Reagan had only completed 49 percent of the Heritage policy recommendations.
Binion cheered Trump’s commitment to completing his agenda, saying, “We’re blown away.”
Binion added that Trump “is very active, very conservative, and very effective.”
The Heritage Foundation director also argued that the president has completed several agenda items simultaneously, including foreign policy, deregulation, immigration, tax reform, and health care.
“It is a huge volume that his administration has worked on and it is a huge spectrum of issues,” Binion argued.
A White House report card at the end of 2017 highlighted that the Trump administration completed 81 major achievements and eliminated over 11 significant legacies of former President Barack Obama.
Heritage first handed out their first “Mandate for Leadership” to Reagan in 1981; Reagan handed out a copy to every member of his cabinet.
Notable accomplishments of the Trump presidency include:
- Withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord in June 2017.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) repealed the agency’s 2015 Obama-era net neutrality rules.
- Reforming the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), also known as food stamps, to allow states to implement work requirements for food stamps.
- Withdrawing from the United Nations Education, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in October 2017.
- Reforming federal bureaucracies by requiring that cabinet secretaries propose measures to reduce the scope and size of each department, while at the same time streamlining services.
- Reducing the size of the federal estate by shrinking the size of two national monuments in Utah through two executive orders.
- Reinstating the Mexico City Policy by preventing the federal government from funding international groups that provide abortions as well as ending funding to the United Nations Population Fund.
- Increasing defense spending to allow America to rebuild its military.
- Allowing development of America’s natural resources by opening off-shore drilling as well as drilling on federal lands.
Binion argued that Trump’s accomplishments amount to “a winning agenda.” Binion also added that Trump “is moving the ball in the conservative direction.”