One of Barack Obama's recent ads for his re-election campaign purports to feature Republican women who have turned away from the GOP to support Obama/Biden. But, as it turns out, one of the women in the ad is not so "Republican."
Maria Ciano has been a registered Democrat for the last six years -- several years longer than Obama has been president -- according to her voting records.
This makes her a Democrat since before Obama ever ran for president. This also means that Barack Obama had no role in her decision to become a Democrat (and neither did Romney). Her appearance in this Obama ad is specious at best.
"People like me and my family have realized that the Republican Party once was in line with our views, but are no longer," Ciano says in the ad.
After this news broke, John Hinderaker did a bit more legwork and discovered Ciano’s Facebook page. On that page, Ciano lists a long string of extremist left-wing groups that she “likes.”
- Democracy For America
- Tar Sands Action
- Amy Goodman
- Barack Obama
- Being Liberal
- Bernie Sanders Tells You A Secret the GOP Would Rather You Didn’t Know
- Miss Piggy Delivers the Best Takedown of Fox News We’ve Seen All Month
- Think Progress
- The Best Quote From Barack Obama We’ve Seen This Week
- Dow and Monsanto Join Forces to Poison America’s Heartland
- Climate Reality
- The Amazing Victory Scored With Obama That More People Should Be Talking About
- The Sierra Club
- The Buffett Rule
- Obama For America–Colorado
- Denver Young Democrats
- Latinos For Obama
- Michelle Obama
- Veterans For Obama
- I Love It When I Wake Up In the Morning and Obama Is President
- Obama Truth Team
- Democratic Party
Not very “Republican” at all, is she?
As Hinderaker says, “There are liars; there are compulsive liars; and then there is the Obama campaign.”
This is exactly right. There is no way at all the Obama’s team didn’t know that Maria Ciano was an out-and-out Democrat and has been for years.