Charlie Hebdo begins printing its next issue on January 12–an issue that will be a one million copy run and will contain Muhammad cartoons.
According to The Daily Beast, Charlie Hebdo attorney Richard Malka said there was never any doubt as to whether the photos of Muhammad would be included following the January 7 terrorist attack on the newspapers’s headquarters. Malka said, “Obviously” the cartoons will be in the coming issue, which will be released January 14.
Malka said the attitude at “‘Je Suis Charlie’ (I am Charlie)” encompasses supporting the “right to blasphemy.”
Breitbart News previously reported that Charlie Hebdo headquarters were firebombed in 2011, after the paper published cartoons of Muhammad. Undeterred by people who oppose freedom of speech, they continued their satirical work until January 7, 2015, when masked gunman stormed their offices and killed 12 people. Amid shouts of “Allahu Akbar,” the attack was viewed as revenge to honor Muhammad.
Charlie Hebdo is responding by printing one million Muhammad cartoons via their newest issue.
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins Reach him directly at email@example.com.