Tatiana Weston-Webb (pictured) of Haiku burst on the surfing scene last year at 17, and at 23 Andrew Agcaoili of Oahu and his friends produce the incredible cliff diving footage covered earlier this month by the Huffington Post.
The two sports seem to draw more interest than the more traditional American sports of University of Hawaii Rainbow football and basketball.
Surfer Duke Paoa Kahanamoku ranks as the greatest athlete ever from the state according to the December 23, 2012, Bleacher Report.
Weston-Webb had an incredible rookie year and is already challenging as the best women’s surfer in the world, and you can see why she has 22,000 followers watching her take on the waves on Facebook.
Going over to the university, Max Wittek quarterbacks the football team and Roderick Bodditt runs the point on the basketball court.
- Andrew Agcaoili and his friends, Oahu, cliff diving
- Tyler Larronde, HAIKU, Surfing
- Koa Smith, KILAUEA, Surfing
- Max Wittek, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Foot, QB
- Roderick Bobbitt, Hawaii, Basket, PG
- Seth Moniz, HONOLULU, Surfing
- Charlinda Ioane, Hawaii, Track/Field, Discus Throw
- Aaron Valdes, Hawaii, Basket, C
- Kalani David, SUNSET BEACH, Surfing
- Isaac Fleming, Hawaii, Basket, SG
- Quincy Smith, Hawaii, Basket, SG
- Tatiana Weston-Webb, PRINCEVILLE, Surfing
- Kennedy Tulimaseali, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Foot, DLine
- Joshua Moniz, HONOLULU, Surfing
- Alessa Quizon, WAIANAE, Surfing
- Mahina Maeda, SUNSET BEACH, Surfing
- Mike Thomas, Hawaii, Basket, PF
- Stefan Jankovic, Hawaii, Basket, C
- Luke Shawley, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Foot, DE
- Negus Webster-Chan, Hawaii, Basket, SF
- Ian Gentil, PAIA, Surfing
- Dax McGill, SUNSET BEACH, Surfing
- Brisa Hennessy, KAILUA, Surfing
- Bailey Nagy, SUNSET BEACH, Surfing
- Moana Jones, HALEIWA, Surfing