STORE

Second Pupil Removed from ‘30-Year-Old Asylum Seeker’ School

ALTRINCHAM, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 08: Schoolboys make their way to class at Altrincham Grammar School for Boys on September 8, 2016 in Altrincham, England. The British government has indicated that it may reintroduce grammar schools. Education secretary Justine Greening has said that 'the government will take a 'pragmatic' look at …
Christopher Furlong/Getty

A second pupil has been pulled from Stoke High School following allegations that an asylum-seeking pupil there who claims to be 15 was actually aged 30.

The Ipswich secondary school confirmed the Year 7 pupil, who would apparently be aged between 11 and 12, had been taken out of classes just days after a Home Office investigation was launched into a pupil in Year 11.

Stoke High School referred the first individual to authorities after outcry from parents concerned over reports from children claiming the pupil said he had been lying about his age in order to get GCSEs because his qualifications from overseas were not recognised in Britain.

Another pupil at the school posted an image of the Year 11 pupil, who is thought to be an Iranian, on Snapchat with the message “How’s there a 30 year old man in our maths class?”

A spokesman for the school said: “This is a matter for the Home Office and we have referred it to them. The student is not attending the school at this time. A student in Year 7 is also not currently attending school.

“We cannot comment further on individual cases, but we have followed Government and local authority policies and guidance, as we do for any admissions matter.

“We are continuing to liaise with the authorities on this. We have informed parents of the situation and will continue to keep them updated as we receive information.”

The spokesman would not confirm whether the two pupils who have been removed from the school were related, nor whether the Year 7 pupil was also under investigation, according to the East Anglian Daily Times.

Breitbart London has previously reported on cases from across Europe which reveal the frequency with which adult asylum seekers are presenting themselves to authorities as “unaccompanied minors” to take advantage of local policies which give child migrants preferential treatment including, in Germany, immunity from deportation.

Figures from Sweden last year revealed that 86 per cent of nearly 1,500 migrant “minors” who had recently been medically tested to determine whether they were lying about their age were actually adults.

Commenting on the situation in Austria after almost 1,000 supposed child refugees were exposed as having lied about their age, a policeman told local media: “It is absurd for us to see grown men with beards and graying hair that claim to be 17 years of age.”

Earlier this year a Home Office report showed two-thirds of the 618 asylum seeking “minors” who had been questioned over their purported ages over the previous year by British authorities were revealed to be aged over 18.

.