Nate Silver Rails Against Huffington Post in Twitter Rampage

speaks onstage at the XX panel during Advertising Week 2015 AWXII at XX on September 28, 2

Nate Silver blasted the Huffington Post on Saturday night in response to an article that the site posted accusing him of “changing the results of polls,” The Hill reported.

“This article is so fucking idiotic and irresponsible,” Silver, founder of FiveThirtyEight, wrote.

The article, written by Ryan Grim of the Huffington Post, accused Silver of “punditry” in this election cycle.

“The short version is that Silver is changing the results of polls to fit where he thinks the polls truly are, rather than simply entering the poll numbers into his model and crunching them,” Grim wrote in the article.

Silver fired back in a series of several tweets, saying that FiveThirtyEight’s polling methods were based off of empirical evidence.

Silver then ended his tweetstorm with a tweaked line from Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s playbook, saying “When you go low, I go high 80 percent of the time, and knee you in the balls the other 20 percent of the time.”

Silver said Sunday that Hillary Clinton was one state away from losing the election on ABC’s This WeekBreitbart reported.

“The electoral college map is less solid for Clinton than it was for Obama four years ago, where four years ago we had Obama ahead in states totaling 320 some electoral votes,” Silver said. “Clinton has 270 so one state away from potentially losing the Electoral College.”


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.