Box Office Predictions: 'Argo' to the Top of the Charts
Sensei easily extended his call streak last week. Have fun with this weekend - which film comes out on top is anyone's guess.
This weekend's predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. "Argo" ($13 million) - It's rare, but sometimes films can rise to the top spot well after their original opening ("Gran Torino" comes to mind). Going with that shift happening here. Film has plenty of positive buzz and should post a very small drop from the previous weekend.
2. "Cloud Atlas" ($11.2 million) - The latest offering from the Wachowski Siblings ("Matrix" trilogy) is ambitious but also very, very long. With a running time of nearly three hours, audiences will be bordering on either exhaustion or pure bewilderment. The film's leads (Tom Hanks and Halle Berry) are also nowhere near the high box office draws they once were.
3. "Hotel Transylvania" ($10.4 million) - The upcoming Halloween holiday continues to serve this family film very well. Look for another top five finish.
4. "Paranormal Activity 4" ($10 million) - Consistent with the previous "Paranormal" entries, look for a huge drop its second weekend.
5. "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" ($9 million) - Film isn't generating much buzz and few, if any, remember the original "Silent Hill" back in 2006. Look for yet another opening to add to already vastly diminished 3D craze.
In other calls:
Look for "Fun Size" to seize around $6 million, and the surfing drama "Chasing Mavericks" to open around $5 million.
Want to take on Sensei? With a weekend this wide open, feel free to share your own guess for this weekend's top finisher.