Obama, EU Hypocritically Rip Israeli Settlements
While the rest of the world condemns Israel for building homes and additions in Jerusalem, Israel has authorized zoning and planning in the area known as E1. Only with the Jews would the world suggest that building a new kitchen is an international law violation, while firing rockets on civilian centers is simply another form of politics.
Israel authorizes 3,000 settlement homes, E1 development! Actually, read it again! The government gave a green light to zoning and planning in the area known as E1.
Let’s be clear here: Israel does not need permission from anyone to build homes, anywhere.
But the latest volley of tosh from the world comes fast and furious:
- President Obama's former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel reportedly said that "It is unfathomable that a prime minister would behave the way Netanyahu behaved."
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon: Israel Settlement Bid a 'Fatal Blow' to Peace.
- Britain and France are considering expelling the Israeli Ambassador from their countries as a result of this.
- Saeb Erekat said that this act would destroy the two state solution.
- The Israeli far left aren't behaving any better.
But as everybody condemns Israel, here’s what’s going on around the globe:
- Chicago's murder rate is up 31 percent over 2011. Gun violence is up 8 percent. Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been useless at protecting his citizens since taking office. Yet, he has the audacity to tell Israel what we should do with their country. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his administration have proven that they know what is takes to protect their citizens. Can the same be said for Rahm?
- While Ban Ki Moon says that the settlement constructions are a fatal blow to peace prospects, he ignores upgrading the Palestinians to a Nation Status while Abbas hasn't done anything commence peace negotiations. Heck, he doesn't even control half his country. That’s a fatal blow.
- Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said building in E1 "destroys the two-state solution.” What? I thought we had two states now?
- Palestine will be officially an apartheid state; Abbas is a holocaust denier himself.
And then there’s President Obama. Obama has continuously forced Bibi into settlement freezes as he hopes to recommence peace negotiations with Abbas. At tremendous political cost, Bibi halted settlement construction in 2009, under the ruse that Obama would get Abbas to the table. While the US voted against the UN motion on Palestine, the US did not threaten to cut off aid. Abbas never tried this under George W Bush – yet he has tried it twice and now succeeded.
The events of last week in the United Nations have left Bibi (facing re-election and with aforementioned pressures) with no choice but to effectively declare peace negotiations dead in the water. In remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting yesterday, Netanyahu stated:
"The response to the attack on Zionism and the State of Israel must reinforce and underscore the implementation of the settlement plan in all areas in which the Government decides regarding settlement. These are not my words. These are the words of the government of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and this is the language of the Cabinet's 1975 decision in the wake of the UN decision that equated Zionism with racism. Today we are building and we will continue to build in Jerusalem and in all areas that are on the map of the strategic interests of the State of Israel.”